Mac Integration Basics 10.12 Exam (hot off the press)

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

Mac Integration Basics 10.12

Don't forget to enter SierraMIB12 into the Private Access code field when you go to take the test.

--
https://donmontalvo.com
7 REPLIES 7

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the heads up. Have you taken it yet? I glanced at the guide and it seems pretty straightforward.

Is there any benefit to doing it though? I know it can't really hurt, but is there enough tangible benefit or is it more of a warm fuzzy feeling?

djdavetrouble
Contributor III

What does the promo code do?

mcarver
New Contributor III

Not a promo code, just the code to see the exam.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

I've kind of been boycotting those exams since they watered them down right around the time of snow leopard . I held an a ACSA cert. Do you folks consider these exams worth anything other than warm and fuzzy feeling careerwise? Honestly curious because if so I might revisit my stance on that. I consider holding a CCE and a CJA as my premier certs at the moment.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

The cert just means you passed an open book test.

The "Private Access code" gives you online access to the test, else you need go to an Apple Authorized Training Center to take a proctored test.

These tests are a good way to validate your familiarity with new OSes. Much like the model specific tests under ACMT.

The cert plus $1 gets you a Starbucks coffee. :)

--
https://donmontalvo.com

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

Agreed...I don't put a lot of stock in certs anymore. I keep my ACMT because I have to. I keep my CCE and CJA because I want to. I thought about revisiting the Apple certifications, but it doesn't prove much to people these days.

jmc
New Contributor

Anyone taken the online test using a PC instead of a MAC? (Or can anyone confirm this will work or not). I only have a shared MAC at work and also at home, so I want to do the test at home on my own PC...