Mac Mini keeps showing up as unmanaged after enrolling it.

EliasG
Contributor

Mac Mini keeps showing up as unmanaged after enrolling it. I cant push any policies to it. I have removed it and enrolled it again, still running into the same issue..

Thanks

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

ktappe
New Contributor III

Just to clarify: It is showing up as unmanaged when you log into it and run "jamf checkJSSConnection"? What, if anything, shows up in /var/log/jamf.log?

View solution in original post

thuluyang
New Contributor III

It happens to me also, I solve it by run sudo jamf removeFramwork and re-enrol again.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

ktappe
New Contributor III

Just to clarify: It is showing up as unmanaged when you log into it and run "jamf checkJSSConnection"? What, if anything, shows up in /var/log/jamf.log?

EliasG
Contributor

I rebooted the casper server and re-enrolled the mini, it finally says its managed now by our system.

thuluyang
New Contributor III

It happens to me also, I solve it by run sudo jamf removeFramwork and re-enrol again.

ktappe
New Contributor III

This can happen if you have a version mismatch between the jamf binary and the JSS. Ensure you're deploying using the same version of the tools as the JSS.

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

In some cases (i.e. issues with Casper Imaging 9.63 and 9.64) it may be necessary to image/enroll with a newer version of the JAMF binary (i.e. 9.65 embedded in Casper Imaging 9.65), which will be downgraded at the next time the client checks in with the JSS (currently at 9.63 for many of my clients). Haven't run into an issue with devices being unmanaged.

Perhaps the issue occurs when enrolling with an older binary to a newer JSS...

TBathe
New Contributor II

I am having the same issue.

• Mac Mini (Late 2014)
  • 9.3 JSS
  • 9.65 Casper Imaging
  • Yosemite (10.10.2)

I'm willing to bet its a combination of the difference in JSS version / Casper Suite products, or the fact that I'm running Yosemite on an older JAMF binary. I tried the remove framework and re-enroll and that didn't seem to do the trick for me.

CheckJSSConnection reported fine for me.

I am going to upgrade my JSS later this week and see if that does the trick.