Mac password resets to AD not working

robiso22
New Contributor

Hi All,

Has anyone seen the case when a user tries to reset their Active Directory password through system preferences and have it return the error that the password doesn't meet complexity requirements? The passwords entered meet the complexity requirements...

6 REPLIES 6

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@robiso22 Might fall under a "cannot change in 24hours" rule?

JustDeWon
Contributor III

The only time I seen it, is if it doesn't meet the password length, it's been used before, or the complexity requires a special character. @robiso22 .. It's using the rules currently set for AD

kowsar_ahmed
Contributor

Seen it a few times and it was because the machine fell off the domain. Perhaps look into using Apple Enterprise Connect instead? It forces the keychain to stay in Sync too. Speak to your Apple Business rep...

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

My guess is the cooldown. A user here can't change their password within 3 days of the last change. It gives the same complexity message, which is misleading.

pchen_plaid
New Contributor II

Is the clock skewed?

rich_thomas
New Contributor III

I used to get this regularly, it was just caused but the machine dropping off the domain. It wouldn't show that it had dropped off the domain, but all the symptoms were there and a re-bind made the issues go away.