macOS Config Profiles effects still lingering after being unscoped

wds
New Contributor II

I had scoped a Config Profile (Login Window payload; change to name and password text fields) to a lab of iMacs. I noticed that the profile was working inconsistently, so I unscoped it and decided to tackle this with a command. However, I cannot make this change via command or in the GUI. If I go into the OS, this feature is greyed out in Users & Groups and cannot be changed. When I look at Profiles in System Preferences, this Config Profile is gone.

Is it sometimes necessary to wait an extended period of time before weirdness caused by a Config Profile is totally gone after the profile is unscoped?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

wds
New Contributor II

@sbirdsley I hadn't tried that, but I will remember it for future reference. I discovered my issue was a conflicting Config Profile with another Login Window payload.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

sbirdsley
Contributor

Not sure if you can test this but does the issues remain if remove the MDM profile via sudo jamf removemdmprofile

Can be reinstalled via sudo jamf mdm

wds
New Contributor II

@sbirdsley I hadn't tried that, but I will remember it for future reference. I discovered my issue was a conflicting Config Profile with another Login Window payload.