Manage FortiClient Preferences

Asnyder
Contributor III

Does anyone have any experience managing the forticlient preferences? I've had success modifying the plist but the values are replaced. The plist is also stored non traditionally and is just called vpn.plist and I'm not sure if I can use a config profile to force it keep the values. On top of this the config profile will show the values being set like server ip, user, and password which I would like to keep hidden for obvious reasons.

2 ACCEPTED SOLUTIONS

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

You might want to check with your network folks as I believe this is expected behavior if the FortiNets are set to push settings down.

View solution in original post

Asnyder
Contributor III

Unfortunately, I am the everything guy here. But I did manage to find what you mentioned. You're correct that the firewall pushes acceptable settings down to the client so if the plist gets changed the settings get changed again from the connection.

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

You might want to check with your network folks as I believe this is expected behavior if the FortiNets are set to push settings down.

Asnyder
Contributor III

Unfortunately, I am the everything guy here. But I did manage to find what you mentioned. You're correct that the firewall pushes acceptable settings down to the client so if the plist gets changed the settings get changed again from the connection.

tjhall
Contributor III

I set up the FortiClient as needed and then capture it with "Composer".
The thing that caught me initially was the permissions off the FortiNet/Conf folder in /Library/Application support.
Once that is changed to allow read and write the settings that we needed are kept and users are allowed to save their login and connection details.

jgor415
New Contributor

So give everyone "Read & Write" on the "conf" folder and create a new package in composer afterwards?