Managed Distrubtion "The redemption code is invalid."

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Hi all,
I've only started doing some basics with iPads and managed VPP distribution and I just encountered an issue. We bought 2 copies of Proloque2Go via the VPP and chose the managed distribution option not the code download. The ipad I enrolled months ago got the app just fine and it worked properly to install. I just enrolled another ipad and I tried to push the app and the management console is showing:"Apply Redemption Code for Proloquo2Go - Symbol-based AAC" "The redemption code is invalid."

Since this is not using a "redemption code" what could be this issue?

Thanks for any help!

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Think I solved this. I had originally found that creating a App record with it marked as Free would auto install the app without prompting in the past. Once I turned this off it allowed me to install it from purchase history. Not sure if this work around changed and now you can push a App in the background without prompting?

Otherwise this seems to work.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

GabeShack
Valued Contributor III

Think I solved this. I had originally found that creating a App record with it marked as Free would auto install the app without prompting in the past. Once I turned this off it allowed me to install it from purchase history. Not sure if this work around changed and now you can push a App in the background without prompting?

Otherwise this seems to work.

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools

Gabe Shackney
Princeton Public Schools