Management Commands stuck in pending , last 24 hours

TheITGuy69
Contributor

Opened up a case with Jamf support, they are seeing this pop up .

Check your devices, especially any new device enrolled into your Tenant. 

I have tried all the previous possible commands to fix and none of them worked. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

TheITGuy69
Contributor

So I ended up finding out that our 802.1x Config profile had expired ndes certs which was causing all the issues. once replaced everything started working again. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

PaulHazelden
Valued Contributor

Yep, got that, I found if I cancel one of them a configuration, the rest go through.
I have a single policy with 3 config payloads - Restrictions - Login Window - Security and privacy
When I look at the policy 2 of the 3 are missing. I think something has gone wrong in there somehow. At first they were all there, then one dropped then the next. I rebuilt the policy and set its scope, and removed the old one, and stuff started running again.

I am sorry, I am not 100% following you and I desperately want to resolve this. When you say single policy do you actually mean Profile? as in Configuration profile with 3 payloads? and when you look at the profile 2of the 3 are missing? where are you looking to see this? i dont want to have to rebuild all of my CP's. 

Sorry, Yes one Configuration Profile, with three payloads, Restrictions, Login Window and Security and Privacy. 
At first the Profile was not installing, So I built a new test one for one of my test machines and that went through, but If I added the Test machine to the first Profile, it would stop and sit at pending.
Later on when I was working on this I noticed that on opening the Profile up in JAMF the Restrictions payload was missing (in the left column where it would be when inspecting a profile), just the other two were there. And again towards the end of the day all that was left was the Security and privacy payload, both the others had gone.
I must say, these Config Profiles were made some time ago, on a much earlier version of JAMF, Probably two or three years ago.
I have now rebuilt all of the ones I use that have those three payloads in them. And they all seem to be working.

Test a mac with a new profile, and not an old one, see if the profile installs. That will tell you if it is the profiles that are broken.

It was only the profiles that use those three payloads that were failing and blocking the commands.

These two should be the same, The first is the Old Config Profile. The second is my new version.
If I scope the first to a device it will go to Pending and stop commands. It used to have everything set up the same as the second one. And it did and worked on Monday, but by Weds it was stoped, and on Thursday it started to loose payloads.

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 15.27.21.png

Screenshot 2023-10-13 at 15.27.04.png

danlaw777
Contributor III

i had to redo my VPP token in order to kick them off yesterday. seems like any time between pushing out new profiles/policies/software i have to install a refreshed token. 

I had to do that as well but that didnt fix my issue and vpp applications wont install , but i keep seeing"Pending - "All licenses are in use or the license is not assigned yet" i even added more licenses and it updates the amount in my jamf portal but still nothing. This is pi**ing me off. 

TheITGuy69
Contributor

So I ended up finding out that our 802.1x Config profile had expired ndes certs which was causing all the issues. once replaced everything started working again.