Mass command sent for renew mdm profile still pending on all computers

florentH
New Contributor

Hello,

II have renewed the push certificate MDM on Jamf but when I send a mass command to renew the MDM profile on all the computers in my smart group and I look at the computers, the command still pending on all computers. If anyone has any idea where this might be coming from.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

Could you explain a bit more of what problem you're trying to solve? The actions of renewing a push certificate and renewing MDM profiles should not be related.

• Renewing a push certificate is an annual process, to ensure Jamf Pro can send push commands to Apple's servers to instruct devices to check in on demand for MDM actions.
  • Renewing an MDM profile is an automated process, where Jamf Pro will automatically send renewal commands, when needed, if the device management certificate that is unique per device/MDM profile is nearing its expiration. This action can also be manually triggered through a Jamf Pro command, but should not need to be required in workflows outside of testing or troubleshooting.

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

mark_buffington
Contributor II
Contributor II

Could you explain a bit more of what problem you're trying to solve? The actions of renewing a push certificate and renewing MDM profiles should not be related.

• Renewing a push certificate is an annual process, to ensure Jamf Pro can send push commands to Apple's servers to instruct devices to check in on demand for MDM actions.
  • Renewing an MDM profile is an automated process, where Jamf Pro will automatically send renewal commands, when needed, if the device management certificate that is unique per device/MDM profile is nearing its expiration. This action can also be manually triggered through a Jamf Pro command, but should not need to be required in workflows outside of testing or troubleshooting.

what is the jamf pro command to manually trigger the renewing of the mdm profile