Microsoft Teams Deployment

rhowell
New Contributor III

Hello, I am about to try and build a package to deploy Teams to our staff with 0 touch by admins for permissions. Does anyone have any advice? I was hoping to find a walkthrough or tips but haven't yet. The application install is easy, but trying to figure out how to allow access to microphone, camera, accessibility, and full disk access is a different story.

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rhowell You are not going to be able to pre-set access to the microphone or camera. By design that requires the user's explicit approval.

allanp81
Valued Contributor

Apple have purposefully removed the ability to whitelist that, the user has to explicitly allow it.

rhowell
New Contributor III

Thanks for the response guys.

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@rhowell For your accessibility access question, this might be useful: Enabling Privacy Accessibility setting for MS Teams

mani2care
Contributor

Use this one for the install Via terminal or from JAMF Files and Processes->Exiquate and process

mkdir "/tmp/teams/";
cd "/tmp/teams/";

Download Teams.

curl -L -o /tmp/teams/Teams_osx.pkg "https://statics.teams.cdn.office.net/production-osx/1.3.00.4460/Teams_osx.pkg";

install Teams

sudo installer -pkg /private/tmp/teams/Teams_osx.pkg -target /;
sudo rm -rf "/tmp/teams";
exit 0

How do you get the CDN addresses for newer versions?  Update: I got it, thanks for the useful script. It's in the file info.