Multiple prompt screens with DEPNotify

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Working with DEPNotify, and I'm wondering if you can have multiple prompt windows.

Right now, We're limited to two text fields (right now, owner and asset tag), and 4 popups. I think I need one more text field (room number)... So was thinking of having multiple windows.

Would be nice to start with just asking "Purpose" and Asset Tag (computer name is derived from asset tag). Purpose would then determine what info was asked on next "window". If it's a lab machine, we wouldn't ask owner, we'd just ask Department, Building, and Room. If it's a user machine, we'd also ask owner.

Is this doable? Or should I start looking at Splashbuddy?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Got this to work.

After initial wait for questions to be answered, go through and set computer name and do Jamf API call to set the other field (Role), then empty out the plist, delete setup.done, do an echo "Status: Please wait", set the new values in the plist, and then call "echo "Command: ContinueButtonRegister: Continue Registration""

Works great.

Thanks!

View solution in original post

2 REPLIES 2

tlarkin
Honored Contributor

I would drop into #depnotify on the Mac Admin Slack and ask around, many people have customized a lot with DEP Notify

rstasel
Valued Contributor

Got this to work.

After initial wait for questions to be answered, go through and set computer name and do Jamf API call to set the other field (Role), then empty out the plist, delete setup.done, do an echo "Status: Please wait", set the new values in the plist, and then call "echo "Command: ContinueButtonRegister: Continue Registration""

Works great.

Thanks!