new flash player out 14.0.0.125

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

yippy

12 REPLIES 12

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

Thanks for the heads up!

As with the last update, Adobe has yet to update their FlashPlayer xml page with the new version information.
This means products like AutoPkg, which use that page, won't see that there's a new version until Adobe gets around to updating it. it also means Flash clients with the auto update setting on won't get the new version until its updated since it uses the same xml file. Not a huge deal, and I'm sure it will be updated later today, but just something to be aware of.

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

I've updated my script for downloading and installing the latest version of Adobe's Flash Player. Main change was replacing "13" with "14":

https://github.com/rtrouton/rtrouton_scripts/tree/master/rtrouton_scripts/install_latest_adobe_flash...

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@rtrouton, the script works perfectly. Thank you.

cstout
Contributor III
Contributor III

@rtrouton, any idea why using your script as a policy would report a failure on some computers? Log shows that the upgrade completed successfully, but some computers are reporting a failure after completion.

Not applicable

@cstout I noticed that if there was another volume mounted, you'd see an error in the policy logs. View the actual installation and you should see that it was successful - that was my experience, anyway.

I removed the -verbose from the v14 of Rich's (awesome, as usual) script.

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@cstout,

@pete_c 's experience matches mine, where errors might be reported if another volume is mounted.

One way to get around that is to use a payload-free package containing this script. I've built one and also made it available from my repo.

dpertschi
Valued Contributor

Gee, let me guess, this one addresses possible remote code execution

I hate them!

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

where there's a flash player update, chrome is sure to follow.

pblake
Contributor III

Chrome is updated. Funny enough Adobe Air which already updated today, autopkg was able to get. I would test Autopkg with flash.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

I haven't seen these reported values for the flash player plugin before:

NPAPI Plug-in version 14.0.0.125 is installed.
PPAPI Plug-in is not installed.

Can anyone explain, Something new for Adobe and how their plugin works?

Aaron
Contributor II

Thankfully they fixed whatever issue it was that was preventing me from deploying the last few Flash updates through policy.

cwaldrip
Valued Contributor

Can this be deployed with the rest of my packages? I've got the script as part of my deployment, it's priority is set to "After". But Flash isn't getting installed, and there's no mention (fail or success) of the script in the install log on the machine.

It works fine if I make it a policy.