Office 2016 Components in Self Service

ccampion
New Contributor

As part of this summer's laptop refresh I would like to offer the Office 2016 apps in Self Service. I tested with Word and it appeared to install but started to the initial login screen(screen shot attached).84707a19fcdd4b8fb59bf1e7e18d26db. Is there any documentation on adding these apps to Self Service ?

Thank you,

Carl Campion

9 REPLIES 9

PhillyPhoto
Valued Contributor

Do you have a volume license agreement? You would have to download the full installer, and extract the VL serializer from that if you want to install individual apps.

Otherwise, if you're configured for Office 365, the users will have to sign-in on that screen.

blackholemac
Valued Contributor III

The volume license build offers an option to skip sign in and is what we deploy to corporate owned equipment.

To help keep track of everything currently Microsoft, consider visiting http://macadmins.software

This site is managed by the Microsoft Mac products team for sysadmins.

ccampion
New Contributor

I have tried using Snapshot with Composer: install Word(via the pkg. from the Macadmins site & our volume license serialzer). Word launches and in the preferences it indicates that it is a volume license install but after creating a pkg and testing the license is not there.. I am really close here, what am I missing ? Thanks

koalatee
Contributor II

The Volume License is unique to each machine. I can't think of why you would need to use composer, just have a policy with Word.pkg and the VL.pkg

michael-brodt
New Contributor III

You shouldn't compile a new package. Just create Self Service Policies that install each Office app pkg with the VL pkg.

ccampion
New Contributor

I think I may over over thought this. I will try to just use the packages from macadmins and the VL

thanks

bozemans
New Contributor III

So, I'm in the process of building MS office 2016 to push through Jamf Pro to clients using 10.13. I too am struggling with the VL serializer. I can get the .dmg to install the MS office 2016 but I can't seem to get the VL pkg to work correctly. I'm sure it is a "sequence" of events issue...Anyone have any ideas or success stories to share....

Jamf Pro 10.4.1
2012 MacBook Airs OS 10.13.4

talkingmoose

@bozemans, be sure you're using the v2.0 version of the Serializer. It's designed to install before or after you install the Office software. Just upload the PKG to your distribution point, add it to your policy and deploy. Shouldn't be anything more than that.

bozemans
New Contributor III

@talkingmoose, thank you for your suggestion....I'm now able to get this to work.