Office 2016 for Mac: Disable cloud services (OneDrive, Sharepoint)

mthakur
Contributor

Is there any way to disable cloud services in Office 2016 for Mac, specifically the OneDrive, OneDrive for Business, and Sharepoint?

Specifically, management wants the Save As panel to disable the button for "Online Locations":
6646de56ff444e75ac6eb0f542a01a8f

If disabling that button in the Save As panel isn't possible, is it possible to disable the ability to "Add a Place":
48666cd422c74bb18a996602ec7a7ae3

And if that isn't possible, can we at least disable the builtin cloud storage locations:
17b4b939eda24b19a4869cad330a382c

Any ideas? We're still using Managed Preferences, but Configuration Profiles could work too.

Thanks!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

boberito
Valued Contributor
#!/bin/sh
getUser=`ls -l /dev/console | awk '{ print $3 }'`
defaults write /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/com.microsoft.officeprefs.plist DefaultsToLocalOpenSave -bool TRUE
chmod -R 700 /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/
chown -R $getUser: /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/

I have this script set to run when a user installs Office 2016 through self service. It sets the default save to local.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

boberito
Valued Contributor
#!/bin/sh
getUser=`ls -l /dev/console | awk '{ print $3 }'`
defaults write /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/com.microsoft.officeprefs.plist DefaultsToLocalOpenSave -bool TRUE
chmod -R 700 /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/
chown -R $getUser: /Users/$getUser/Library/Group Containers/UBF8T346G9.Office/

I have this script set to run when a user installs Office 2016 through self service. It sets the default save to local.

mthakur
Contributor

@boberito Thank you.

It turns out there is more information in this thread:

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=17045

boberito
Valued Contributor

Yup yup. Been all over that thread. That's probably where I find the fix I suggested.