Office suite auto sign-in

JamfUser01
New Contributor II

Hi,

I'm looking to automate the sign-in process for the Office suite on Mac devices used by our students. Ideally, I want Office to automatically pick up their login details and sign them in with their credentials. So far, I haven't had any success in implementing this.
Has anyone managed to get this working? Any advice or resources would be greatly appreciated. is there a script out there somewhere I can use to achieve this?

3 REPLIES 3

obi-k
Valued Contributor III

McAwesome
Valued Contributor

Look into setting up the Microsoft Enterprise SSO.  This will both accomplish what you're asking about and also securely reduce any MFA prompts the user would normally see.

https://learn.microsoft.com/en-us/entra/identity-platform/apple-sso-plugin

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

There will always be a second login process, at least until PSSO gets its act together. This is because the macOS login screen identity is not passed through the logged in instance of macOS for applications to be able to use to identify the user (at least until PSSO was released). There are tools to reduce the possibility of user error such as prefilling the UPN for the user, but the will still need to furnish their password in to something Microsoft related (Office App, Company Portal for SSO, etc).