OS X 10.9.2 rolling out

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

Showing up in Software Updates, but I still don't see postings on Apple Support for it yet.

27 REPLIES 27

corbinmharris
Contributor

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT6114?viewlocale=en_US&locale=en_US

No link yet to the installers

wyip
Contributor

Combo update: http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1726

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

Jiminy Christmas, is this thing unified? I applied the 10.9.2 combo over my base image and it's booting everything.

perrycj
Contributor III

@JPDyson yes, I believe this may be one ring to rule them all.

chriscollins
Valued Contributor

Yep @JPDyson and @perrycj, I just updated an older iMac, the newest model iMac, my old Macbook Pro, and the newest Retina Macbook Pro model, and they all are build 13C64

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

Is anybody else running wifi with certificate-based authentication? I'm unable to connect after 10.9.2 on two laptops (didn't have this in the betas).

ClassicII
Contributor III

Security updates 2014-001 for

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1729

http://support.apple.com/kb/DL1727

What is interesting here is the fact that this is the first time a security update has been released since before 10.9.

Also we were under the impression that 10.7 and 10.8 was not affected by this. Why the security patch then ?

ifbell
Contributor

Of course this means that Apple will update or upgrade their hardware soon and make it only work with a new build number.

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I read the bits on the 2 other security updates and its unclear if the specific SSL bug was actually part of what was fixed for those. These look more like standard code execution bugs, so I'm not sure if we should read into 10.7 and 10.8 were also affected. Could just be they deeded to release a flurry of security updates the same day.

Still digging on that, but my instinct is telling me the 10.9.2 is pronto important to get out to clients right way if not sooner. The other 2 can wait slightly longer.

JPDyson
Valued Contributor

@ifbell This is the "Indian Rain Dance" that will bring the updated Mac Mini, I just know it...

krichterjr
Contributor
Of course this means that Apple will update or upgrade their hardware soon and make it only work with a new build number.

You pretty much nailed it. SMH...

mm2270

Yeah, lol. In other words, enjoy your unified build while it lasts.

ClassicII
Contributor III

Take a look at all the other security fixes for 10.7 and 10.8.

I mean were they just sitting on these fixes for 10.8 and 7 since last year ?

mm2270

@ClassicII - I understand what you mean. Unfortunately I certainly don't have the answer. Not sure anyone outside of developers and management at Apple do.

I was also under the distinct impression that security patches for pre Mavericks OSes were dead, but.. these are Safari updates and Apple has actually released Safari updates for 10.8 and 10.7 after shipping Mavericks, so this isn't unprecedented.
At this point I think all we will ever get is updates for apps on Lion and Mountain Lion, not full OS patches.

scottb
Honored Contributor

Can you guys verify what I'm seeing here - can't log into Instagram since the GM install.
Others I talked to see the same, but I want to be sure...

Not applicable

Ran App Store on my own retina Late 2013 MBP and updated, now showing build 13C64, same as version reported on a test mini that I manually pushed the 10.9.2 Combo Updater. Hooray unified builds.

scottb
Honored Contributor

So, FWIW, I was testing on three Macs here along with some others online. The IG site was not working on all the 10.9.2 GM Macs, but was on previous releases. This affected other browsers as well. After maybe 45 mins, it started working on everyone's 10.9.2 Macs. (Note that IG on the iOS devices was fine).
I wonder if the security issues fixed in the GM of 10.9.2 were somehow exposing an issue on the IG site and they fixed it quickly? Because at the same time, prior OS builds were all loading IG fine. Anyway, enough of that - it's working OK now.

ahambidge
New Contributor II

Still doesn't fix the SMB share permissions issue. *sigh*

kirkmshaffer
New Contributor II

@ahambidge - what are you referring to when you say "SMB share issue"? We've got a few little issues in our environment and it would be comforting to know if anyone else shares our misery :)

Specifically, we can't create a sparseimage on a mounted share. If we create the image locally and copy it up, we cannot then mount the image and write to it (we don't get errors, and the files show as copied, but unmounting the image and remounting it shows that nothing was actually written). Our workaround is to force SMB1. Apple has acknowledged it, but no progress as of yet.

Sorry for the thread hijack, I can take it elsewhere if it gets unwieldy.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

version on App store not showing as the required 13C64 yet. This is getting ridiculous Apple!

scottb
Honored Contributor

@tkimpton: ? I have downloaded 13C64 since day-one on a number of sites/Macs.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

@boettchs i should say im not in the US but UK so we always seem behind on these things :(

alexjdale
Valued Contributor III

Same here, our downloads of the OS installer since day one have been 13C64. Try downloading on a clean system, since the App Store seems to have some strange logic about where it puts the download and it may not be working right if you had an older version somewhere on your system.

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

thanks for the tip guys. Have a good weekend :)

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

new machine, no previous installer shows up in AutoDMG as 13C64 :)

Thanks

scottb
Honored Contributor

@tkimpton][/url: asked two colleagues to download today from UK, both got "64". Odd.

Oops - sorry, I thought I read you still got "60". Apologies.

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

@tkimpton, I've 13C64 too.

Do you have a caching server?