OSX 10.9 Desktop Background MCX

Aaron
Contributor II

Hi guys,

Had a quick look, but I couldn't find a similar post.

Just trying out 10.9 on a test Mac now, and the MCX I have in place to set the desktop background isn't working. It's being applied, as I can see the ImageFilePath in ~/Library/Preferences/com.apple.desktop is pointing to the right image, and the image is present and accessible. Has the preference name changed in 10.9? Any clues?

Other MCX settings seems to be applying correctly; Safari homepage, icons on desktop, etc.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

For those with access to the Apple Dev Forums, there's a relevant thread about this issue:

https://devforums.apple.com/thread/199057

Please remember your NDA and keep discussions to the Dev Forums until Apple actually releases Mavericks.

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

mzago
New Contributor III

It's silly to be sure, but remember we're still under Mavericks NDA. Hopefully it's released tomorrow or later in the week.

Aaron
Contributor II

Ah, getting ahead of myself - it's already tomorrow for me (Australia) :P

rtrouton
Release Candidate Programs Tester

For those with access to the Apple Dev Forums, there's a relevant thread about this issue:

https://devforums.apple.com/thread/199057

Please remember your NDA and keep discussions to the Dev Forums until Apple actually releases Mavericks.

Aaron
Contributor II

Ah thanks, I was just looking and I couldn't find it.

Edit: Goddamn it, that's a little less than appealing.

nkalister
Valued Contributor

Aaron, I have to say I had a similar reaction after reading that thread.
GEE THANKS APPLE!
grumblegrumblegrumble
lol

tkimpton
Valued Contributor II

so guys please post!

Aaron
Contributor II

Desktop background is no longer stored in a plist file, but in an SQLite database:

/Users/username/Library/Application Support/Dock/desktoppicture.db

I don't know if Casper v9 addresses this (haven't upgraded yet, holding out for now) but it looks like this has to be scripted now, instead of a managed preference. It's possible that a config profile can do this just fine however.