OT - Adobe Remote Update Manager not finding Adobe CC updates

thomasC
Contributor

Is anyone using Adobe Remote Update Manager (RUM) for Adobe CC updates? I have configured Adobe CC packages to use RUM. RemoteUpdateManager command never finds any updates. I never get an error on exit. If something were broken I would expect the RemoteUpdateManger.log to shed some light.

10/29/13 20:58:34:879 | [WARN] | | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager | | | 1180669 | No new applicable Updates. Seems like all products are up-to-date.
10/29/13 20:58:34:879 | [INFO] | | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager | | | 1180669 | ****
10/29/13 20:58:34:882 | [INFO] | | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager | | | 1180669 | ##################################################
10/29/13 20:58:34:882 | [INFO] | | AAMEE | Utilities | RemoteUpdateManager | | | 1180669 | Ending the RemoteUpdateManager Return Code (0)

There are several applications in the suite that need patches. I am at a loss. Adobe Enterprise Deployment Forum is relatively useless. Anyone else feel my pain?

5 REPLIES 5

Not applicable

Do you have RUM pointing at an internal Adobe Update Server? Or direct from the mothership?

thomasC
Contributor

Tried both. I get the same results. Configured a AdobeUpdater.Overrides file using the AUSST 3.0. No errors in communication that I can see at least none in the RemoteUdateManager.log on the client. Also tried with out the AdobeUpdater.Overrides file ( assuming this would have RUM look to Adobe for updates ). I am stumped.

rrouleau
Contributor

Did you ever happen to solve this issue? We are seeing this issue as well on a number of machines.

thomasC
Contributor

/url][/url">@rrouleau][/url][/url Yes resolved issue. Our issue seemed to be related to an AAM bug. Packaged a couple of Adobe updates using CCP 1.3 (now CCP 1.4), deployed the patches along with the AdobeUpdater.Overrides created to point to the internal AUSST. RUM is now working fine. Apparently AAM had some issues from our original CCE package created with CCP 1.1. See comments in this thread [http://blogs.adobe.com/oobe/2013/10/creative-cloud-packager-1-3-is-live.html#comments

Hope this helps.

rrouleau
Contributor

Exactly what I was looking for! Thanks! Our issue, as well, comes from clients in which CC was packaged with the older CCP.

Thanks again!