Patch Management does not show latest version

yoannR5
New Contributor

Hello everyone,

I have an issue regarding patch management in Jamf Pro.

Looking at my dashboard i see the following diagram with many "Unknown Version" that are actually more recent versions : 

Chrome&brave unknown version.png

The only action that works is to remove these tools from the patch management page and add them again so that Jamf takes the latest versions into account.

This action is tedious, given that Chrome updates itself several times a week (days? :) ).

Is there another way to do this and have an updated Patch Management stats for applications ? 

Thank you very much !!

Yoann

6 REPLIES 6

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@yoannR5 There are periodically reports of Patch Management definitions that stop updating, but generally deleting and re-adding the definition restores the expected automatic update behavior. If that's not happening when you delete and re-add a definition I'd recommend opening a case with Jamf Support.

yoannR5
New Contributor

Thx for your answer. The problem is that i created two smart groups for updating Chrome and Brave using installomator. 

Now when i try to remove and add again Brave and Chrome in patch management i got this error : 

Screenshot at Sep 25 09-46-15.png

So modifying the two smart groups, deleting a patch management package, adding it again and re-editing my smart group all seem very complicated ...

Is there another way to do this ? Thanks !

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@yoannR5 Unfortunately no, you'll have to edit your Smart Groups to reference some dummy criteria instead of the bad Patch Management definition, delete and re-create the definition, then edit the Smart Group to use the new definition.

yoannR5
New Contributor

Hello ! Thank you for your answer. 

I'll wait for a new feature on the subject. I will waste too much time doing the manipulation every two days :)  

TheITGuy69
Contributor

What is wrong with running installomator everyweek to update a specific software? if it needs it , it will update it, if it doesnt need it, it wont. Right?

yoannR5
New Contributor

Hello, the problem isn't with installomator, it works perfectly. The problem is related to Jamf pro dashboard that do not show lastest updates (definition). Here is my dashboard for Google Chrome for example : Screenshot at Oct 09 09-36-27.png

And here is the last version in my chrome (117.0.5938.149) not (102.0.5005.115) showed in the Google Chrome Patch Management page : 

Screenshot at Oct 09 09-39-49.png