Patch Management Tutorial

JG3741
New Contributor III

Hello,

Is there any plan to create a patch management video tutorial? I can't seem to find it in the training catalogs. I reviewed the Jamf Administrator documentation, but having a demonstration or best practices would be nice!

5 REPLIES 5

JG3741
New Contributor III

Bumping this, anyone?

slackermandev
New Contributor II

Yes please! They recently added patching for macOS Build numbers to facilitate supplemental and security updates, but they have no documentation for how to handle those. Even if they were not videos and just dedicated KB articles to showcase a few different types of examples, that'd be awesome!

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

It would certainly be helpful.

JefferyAnderson
Contributor

I found this video which was helpful for what I needed to deploy the most recent version of Firefox.
https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/articles/509/knowledge-base-video-patch-reporting-patch-policies-in...

JeremyL
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

Hey all,

We've added two modules to the Jamf Online Training Catalog explaining Patch Management in Jamf Pro:
Patch Reporting - Enable Patch Management and configure notifications for third-party software titles when new updates become available. Generate and export reports for computers without the latest version.
Patch Policies - Add packages to a software title definition. Make patch policies available in Self Service or install automatically to update existing software.

Thanks for the request, and be sure to leave feedback and submit other requests for content by completing our short survey!

- Jeremy
Customer Education