Patch Policy - No Eligable Computers

JasonNVSD
New Contributor III

In Patch Management, my Patch Policy looks like this:

4644b0ee90b34f4e984fd7b201ae3394

And my targets is a large Smart Computer Group of mostly 10.12 without Skype, no limitations, no exclusions. When I click on "View list of eligible computers.", it's empty (0-0). If "Patch Unknown Versions" is selected, shouldn't I see all the computers from the group in the eligible list?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

nvts
New Contributor II

Patch Management is intended to keep desired apps up to date, not install if the app does not exist on the computer. The reason you see no eligible computers listed is because they don't have a version of Skype that is considered out of date or unknown. To push out Skype to a set of computers that currently does not have it installed, you should use a normal Jamf policy.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

nvts
New Contributor II

Patch Management is intended to keep desired apps up to date, not install if the app does not exist on the computer. The reason you see no eligible computers listed is because they don't have a version of Skype that is considered out of date or unknown. To push out Skype to a set of computers that currently does not have it installed, you should use a normal Jamf policy.