Patch Reporting - Firefox lagging

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Firefox 55.0.2 released 8/16, but our JSS is still showing 55.0.1 as the latest at of 12:20 on 8/22. We're pushing out to production after our normal test cycle and I had to change our smart group to manually enter the version ##.

Any chance of an SLA coming on how quickly patches will be reflected? Depending on the severity of any security issues on patches, we have requirements on how quickly we have to patch them, definitely can't wait a week for JAMF to catch up to the patch if it is classified as "critical" (not the case this time, fortunately).

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

davidhiggs
Contributor III

@Taylor.Armstrong i've had a patch reporting failure before, the JSS still runs, but this function completely stops. Restart Tomcat when you can and hopefully things should start updating again.

View solution in original post

5 REPLIES 5

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I've seen elsewhere that Jamf's SLA for updating patch reporting is 48 hours, fwiw.

I'm seeing an update to the patch reporting for Firefox on 08/16/2017 at 1:24 PM to 55.0.2.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Thanks for that, Emily. Wonder if something in my JSS is just broken then - no update listed yet on mine, but all other software appears current at a quick glance.

b9f66e9eba3743e998f8425e68d122fb

Look
Valued Contributor III

Mine is showing

Mozilla Firefox  Mozilla    55.0.2  2017/08/17 at 6:24 AM

So maybe a problem.

davidhiggs
Contributor III

@Taylor.Armstrong i've had a patch reporting failure before, the JSS still runs, but this function completely stops. Restart Tomcat when you can and hopefully things should start updating again.

Taylor_Armstron
Valued Contributor

Thanks @davidhiggs . I should have come in to post a follow-up, but yes... restarted Tomcat a couple of days later after updating Java on the server, and when it came back up I had about 7-8 notifications of new software, including Firefox that hadn't been there before.