Performance issues with Config Profiles with Jamf Pro 11.9.1

markopolo
Contributor

I'm having serious performance issues with the 11.9.1 update (Jamf Pro Cloud). Any time I edit the scope of a profile the interface slows to a crawl and I get the dreaded "Poor network connection" pop-ups. It can take up to 30 seconds or more just to register keystrokes when filtering the list of computers and another 10 seconds or longer to select/add something. It was always slow/laggy working with profiles, but not like this. Anyone else?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Are you in Safari?
Try Chrome.

View solution in original post

6 REPLIES 6

atomczynski
Valued Contributor

Are you in Safari?
Try Chrome.

OMG Yes! Thank you so much! Wow, you've got to be kidding me... It's absolutely unusable in Safari! Switched to Chrome and it's lightning fast now!

I would have never guessed Jamf would allow such a shoddy user experience for the APPLE NATIVE browser!!! Are they not testing their product with WebKit? Devs all using Chrome?? WTF Jamf?!!

howie_isaacks
Valued Contributor II

I have seen this issue for quite a while before Jamf Pro 11.9.1. I can use Edge to edit the scope of profiles but I don't like Edge very much or Chrome. I can't understand how Jamf would allow their product to work so badly with a native Apple browser! I have not yet found a fix for this. Safari is my primary browser, and I refuse to switch to another.

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

while I use Safari as my daily driver for 'web stuff' we have a requirement to use a 'Chromium' browser for work.. 

Thus many of us now use Arc browser... (takes a bit to get used to it) but.. Safari does not come close.

And with Arc you can add the ability to disable the 10 min log out.. 

As for the 'poor network' I still get that, despite being hard wired on 1Gb ethernet.. 

Jason33
Contributor III

Chrome seems to be the only browser that works relatively problem free with our Jamf instance. I prefer Brave browser, and everything works great, however, when I go in to a Computer record and want to view the Policy history, nothing is displayed. 

Yeah, totally inexplicable that Jamf doesn’t seem to place a priority on Safari compatibility.