Permissions for users to manage apps only

sedwards
Contributor

I'd like to be able to give a few of my teachers the ability to manage the distribution of apps through Casper. However I don't want them to have access to much else at all. Can anyone speak to what specific permissions need to be allowed for just Mobile App management?

3 REPLIES 3

sedwards
Contributor

Anyone?

miregan
Contributor II

For just app distribution you would need to give them access to read only privs for Mobile Devices and read/update privs to Mobile Device Applications. This will allow them to edit applications and their scope. However, if you want them to be able to use exclusions or limitations you will need to give them access to those specific areas as well. For example, if you want them to be able to exclude Smart Mobile Device groups, you need to give them access to view smart mobile device groups. If you wanted them to be able to target users you would have to give them some user permissions as well.

sedwards
Contributor
For just app distribution you would need to give them access to read only privs for Mobile Devices and read/update privs to Mobile Device Applications. This will allow them to edit applications and their scope. However, if you want them to be able to use exclusions or limitations you will need to give them access to those specific areas as well. For example, if you want them to be able to exclude Smart Mobile Device groups, you need to give them access to view smart mobile device groups. If you wanted them to be able to target users you would have to give them some user permissions as well.

Thank you!