Platform SSO (macOS Ventura)

bwoods
Valued Contributor

Ventura beta testers,

Has anyone had a chance to test Platform SSO? I can't seem to find any information on configuring it. Supposedly, it's Jamf Connect built into macOS which will save my org a lot of dead presidents + Benjamin Franklin. 

Apple Identity: Enrollment and Platform SSO - 9to5Mac

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

sujal1208
New Contributor III

https://www.jamf.com/blog/wwdc-2022-sso-extension/

This may help you out on more information. I hope it bridges the gap in the future between JC and P.SSO so there is less issues on JC but a man can only wish. 

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

I really have not had a chance to dig in with it yet, and we just pulled the trigger on JAMF Connect. The problem with Apple beta stuff like Platform SSO is Apple refuses to give partners access to this stuff ahead of us developers, so partners like JAMF, Microsoft and Google are not further ahead than we are in getting stuff working for it.

Login items are another example. JAMF does not support them yet obviously, and the custom payload configuration profiles are hit or miss as apple is still working the kinks out of it. Personally I don't have the time to be bleeding edge with Apples beta testing lol.

sujal1208
New Contributor III

After watching their WWDC event focused on Platform SSO. It looks too early to try out. It won't come out during the final build of Ventura but probably a later update. My guess, MacOS 13.1 or 13.2. But even then, its only suppose to take over a local account that was already created. Unlike Jamf Connect, you have the option to create a local account if an account wasn't already there during DEP. 

dennisnardi
Contributor

The rumors out there are that SSO on Ventura will support password syncing, but not user creation. So if you need user creation as well, then Jamf Connect will remain the premiere way to accomplish all of that. 

bwoods
Valued Contributor

If so, I may switch to XCreds. It's basically the open source version of Jamf Connect. ( I believe Joel Rennich is a contributor) I can use XCreds to create the account then pass the rest off to Platform SSO. 

sujal1208
New Contributor III

https://www.jamf.com/blog/wwdc-2022-sso-extension/

This may help you out on more information. I hope it bridges the gap in the future between JC and P.SSO so there is less issues on JC but a man can only wish. 

bwoods
Valued Contributor

Very detailed article. Thanks for the info!

vinu_thankachan
Contributor

More details of Platform SSO, related configurations, and tests are available in Apple seed for IT. IT Platform_SSO_developer_beta_documentation-v1-2