Policy is forever stuck at Pending state

SheikSena
New Contributor

The policy which I created to deploy the package is stuck at a pending state and not able to see any logs over there. Any suggestions what might be the problem

296dd9ca33294e218443b063f9a100c0

7 REPLIES 7

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

What does the policy do? Does it cause a reboot of the machine or cause the Mac to otherwise disconnect from the network? Because policy logs in Jamf Pro only get updated when the policy running locally on the Mac has an opportunity to upload said log back to Jamf Pro. If for any reason your policy is causing the Mac to have it's connection to Jamf Pro interrupted before that upload can happen, it ends up staying in a "Pending" state indefinitely.

SheikSena
New Contributor

@mm2270, The policy will deploy the package to the mac machine. Please do let me know what is the issue and if you need any additional information 3933a016244748249a47c502c4504ce8

15c049bc2144457f9594e1121c194033

dce70de810c94cfd914138d9294d6445

ChaseEndy
New Contributor III

Did you create the package yourself?

mm2270
Legendary Contributor III

I would suggest using the Check in trigger instead of all those other triggers. In particular, the startup trigger almost never works unless the machine is hardwired to the network and doesn't use any kind of certificate based connectivity. I see you're testing it against what looks like an Mac mini, so perhaps it is hardwired, but I don't know.
Login/Logout triggers should work, but again, it kind of depends on what kind of network connection we're talking about. The enrollment trigger is only going to run once, when it's enrolled, just as the name implies.

The recurring check-in trigger is the one that will run at a set interval, typically every 5, 15 or 30 minutes (plus some random delay added on)
I can't tell from your screenshots what frequency you have set. Is it once per computer or something else?

SheikSena
New Contributor

Thanks @mm2270, after checking the recurring check-in trigger the policy started executing.

SheikSena
New Contributor

Can anyone help me with the issue Package Uninstallation - Got a success message as package uninstalled but package not uninstalled in the mac machine?

Issue: https://www.jamf.com/jamf-nation/discussions/39187/package-uninstallation-got-a-success-message-as-package-uninstalled-but-package-not-uninstalled-in-the-mac-machine

bravichandran
New Contributor III

HI, Same issue policy contains uninstall package of an app and its stuck in pending state. not able to see any logs and unable to flush. any idea please