Prestage Enrolment - Last Sync

simon_brooke
New Contributor III

Hi,

Is anybody having an issue with prestage enrolments not syncing for the last 4 days.

Our devices can be added to the prestage but do not enrol when the device is turned on and connected to the wireless.

Our DEP program is working, and devices are showing in Jamf.

Any ideas?

Thanks
Simon

43 REPLIES 43

dstranathan
Valued Contributor II

I'm experiencing a similar thing. ABM/Jamf think the sync is current, but my PreStages are clearly not in sync (recent changes arent being picked-up at enrollment time). Each time I want to make a PreStage Enrollment change, I have to reimport a new token (even though the current token is fairly new) - or other 'tricks' to get it syncing again. Odd.

I'm doing a lot of Prestage changes and testing right now so this has been a point of friction in my workflow. "Ain't nobody got time for this"

benducklow
Contributor III

@dstranathan - I have had a similar experience about a few weeks ago. The difference was that I could see that the sync failed (within Automated Device Enrollment) and would have to do the whole 'renew the token' bit through ABM... I opened a case and Jamf support basically stated there's no way to identify the root cause of it.. :(

stutz
Contributor

Had this happen to me today. Needed to make some changes to my Prestage profiles and it failed to sync (and stayed like that). Followed @benducklow @dstranathan instructions to renew the token in ABM and got the Prestage profiles to sync almost instantly. Defiantly a bug in the process that needs fixed. Didn't use to error out when making changes to Prestage profiles.

carlo_anselmi
Contributor III

@stutz I am not sure it's the same issue but when it happens here I simply change and save a minor info in the Prestage (such as the contact phone number) and the sync immediately shows as completed. I found this workaround in another post here on JN. Hope it helps.