Problème au renouvellement du "MDM Push Notification Certificate"

Timone
New Contributor II

Bonjour,

Comme vous tous, nous devons renouveler chaque année notre certificat JSS communiquant avec les serveurs APNs d'APPLE.

Nous suivons bien la procédure décrite ici, en téléchargeant un fichier CSR chez jamf, en l'uploadant chez apple, puis en téléchargeant le fichier PEM.
Mais, en uploadant ce fichier PEM dans le JSS, nous obtenons un message nous informant que :

• Le nouveau certificat présente un nouveau "topic"
  • Les devices existants perdront la liaison avec le MDM si nous installons ce certificat

Nous cherchons la raison de ce renouvellement de certificat généré différent, car notre JSS n'a pas changer de nom de domaine... Notre JSS est bien identique à celui qui avait fait la demande de renouvellement de certificat l'année dernière!

C'est très embêtant, car cela va nous obliger à ré-enroller nos appareils. Nous avons besoin de comprendre la raison de l'apparition de ce "nouveau topic" au renouvellement du certificat APN ...

Avez-vous déjà rencontré un problème similaire?

Merci de votre aide,
Cordialement,
M. GAILLARD

6 REPLIES 6

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Hi,

instead of creating a new APN certificate you have to ask for a renewal of the existing APN certicates. To do so you have to go to https://identity.apple.com/, log in with the AppleID that was used to create the existing certs, select the certs in question and click on 'Renew'.

By creating a new CSR you will create certs with a new 'Subject', and your clients will not recognize the server anymore.

Sorry for replying in English, my French orthographie is quite bad...

Timone
New Contributor II

Hi,

Thanks a lot for your answer.
It's very strange, because on https://identity.apple.com, I have aked for a renewal, not for a new certificate!
I don't understand the reason of this "new subject" ...

It is my best english, sorry!

mschroder
Valued Contributor

Hi,

and in the JSS you also paid attention to ask for a renewal of the correct APN certificate? That is important to make sure you get the correct "subject".

were_wulff
Valued Contributor II

@Timone

If you are getting the message that the subject/topic doesn’t match when trying to upload the renewed certificate to the JSS, it means you’ve renewed the incorrect certificate.

If you do not see a certificate in the Apple portal that matches the subject/topic of the push certificate in your JSS, it means you have logged into the Apple portal with an Apple ID that was not used to create the original certificate.

You will need to log in to the Apple portal using the same Apple ID that was used to originally create the Push Certificate; if you do not know which Apple ID that is or do not have the correct credentials for it, you may need to create a new Push Certificate with a different Apple ID (ideally one that is institutional and does not belong to an individual).

If you end up having to go this route, you will need to re-enroll all iOS devices to restore MDM communication.

Thanks!
Amanda Wulff
JAMF Support

jbappert
New Contributor

@Timone

As-tu réussi à régler le problème ? Je rencontre le même en ce moment..

Timone
New Contributor II

Bonjour,

De mémoire, il me semble que je n'utilisais pas le bon Apple ID ...
Cordialement