Problem with connection via Teamviewer

mschwarze
New Contributor II

We got a big problem with Teamviewer and macOS Catalina. We use Teamviewer to connect via Internet to our Clients because they are spread all over the country. Now with macOS Catalina we can't use teamviewer this way because of the new Privacy Policies.
I created a PPPC Profile and can't allow the access to screen capture. There is a deny-only option. When I now connect via Teamviewer or also with Screen Sharing, i only see a black screen. We can still work by ssh but there are problems that we have to show on the screen of our clients.

Some of you got ideas, hints or alternatives for this problem case?

6 REPLIES 6

JLNewsome2
New Contributor

Same here - very annoying to deal with.

swayzeiee
New Contributor

I believe the solution is in the privacy and security. I had the issue. Gave full access to team viewer...then I was good to go.

mschwarze
New Contributor II
I believe the solution is in the privacy and security. I had the issue. Gave full access to team viewer...then I was good to go.

Via PPC Utility or how did you solve this?

Marcchapman
New Contributor II

Hello, Has anyone found a resolution to this. I am really struggling to support remote users as all I see is a grey screen. But can't really give the end user Admin permissions to allow access. Would be great if we could do this through JAMF.

bcrockett
Contributor III

+1 still hoping for a resolution.

nelsoni
Contributor III

There is no solution to this. Apple has decided that screen recording falls under the same scope as mic and camera access. educate your end users on what the prompt means and why they need to approve it. There is no other option, the end user does not need admin rights to approve it.