Random "private" and "Library" folders.

JT_from_Sweetwa
New Contributor

Hello everyone, we've been dealing with a strange bug that creates a locked "Library" folder, and a "private" folder when we push a policy that drops a file or folder onto a computer. They don't seen to cause any issues, but they do look messy. Has anyone else seen this? We are running MacOS 10.14, and Jamf Pro 10.22. Thanks in advance!

3d48977a738043a0aee7c2b4e3fb436f

073d850d4a6e433ea824fb41088c93a5

3 REPLIES 3

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@JT_from_Sweetwater When you say "drops a file or folder onto a computer," are you using a .pkg or .dmg installer created by Composer in that policy? If so, it sounds like you've captured more than just the file/folder you wanted to put on the computers in that installer.

JT_from_Sweetwa
New Contributor

Thanks for the response! I am going to start digging through some of our older policies, and see if there are any creating the folders.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Hi there, I get the same issue since creating the last few packages. I only put one file into the composer and create a pkg to enroll this file to a specific directory. While the rollout runs, the two directories where created automatically . My workaround is at this time, to delete them with a script. At this time, I am playing around with the settings of the composer app. I think the cause for this behavior is somewhere there.