Restored iPad

akehren
New Contributor III

Here's what happened...

I had an iPad 2 with a bad display so I backed it up to my computer and took it to the Apple Store. They exchanged the iPad for a new iPad 2. I've restored that iPad from the backup.

Here is my problem...

1) When I boot the iPad it tells me I need to set a passcode (which was a requirement of one of the profiles the old iPad had) but when I go into settings I don't see any profiles installed.

2) When I try to enroll the iPad, it downloads the CA Certificate Payload and MDM Profile profiles but it doens't install the Self-Service app and Casper just shows the UDID and no other information for the device (it says it isn't enrolled).

If I wipe the iPad, set it up as new and enroll it, everything works fine. Is there some way to get rid of the phantom profile that it seems to be installing with the restore so that I can get my data back and enroll the iPad or am I out of luck?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

akehren
New Contributor III

Working now. My Jamf rep thinks it might have been an issue with the push notification service at the time I was trying to enroll today. Weird.

View solution in original post

1 REPLY 1

akehren
New Contributor III

Working now. My Jamf rep thinks it might have been an issue with the push notification service at the time I was trying to enroll today. Weird.