Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 5 kudos

Creating new partition from boot volume

If I need to carve off 1 GB from the boot volume to create a new partition, is the best policy to create a script that uses the "diskutil splitPartition" command? I wasn't sure if there was a better way to do this through the JSS. I'm trying to avoid...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

Admin not being enabled for FileVault

i been having trouble finding a way to enable my admin account to File Vault. i used a script i found here but when it executes then i get his error message. am i missing something?below is the script i used: !/bin/bash ##############################...  View more

ffcc0cebf4c94411adb833b2bda03496
  • 7 replies
  • 1 kudos

APFS and fdesetup adduser -plist error

APFS and fdesetup seem to be the order of the day in testing the new OS. Currently our organization has a workflow to manage the password for an admin account on every Mac.1. jamf management account is added to FV2. The local admin account password i...  View more

• 11 replies
  • 1 kudos

Managed Apple ID's and the App Store with IOS11

We assigned some user licenses to students so they could download apps via the app store/purchased section of the app store. We've found one of our students has updated to IOS11 and is unable to download any apps from the app store even though licens...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Multitasking & Dock setting

Hi, I came across a new feature in iOS 11 yesterday enrolling a new Student iPad. It seems Apple added a new Settings option under the 'General' tab which is "Multitasking & Dock". in here you are able to allow / prevent the following: -Allow Multipl...  View more

e17f71102fec4554b740517deafc0291
  • 9 replies
  • 1 kudos

High Sierra and Outlook 2016 Minimum Version Requirement.

Just a warning about Outlook 2016 and High Sierra.High Sierra requires a very late version of Outlook before it will allow it to run, all good just upgrade right? Maybe not...If you have never run Outlook it will not be in the list of Office 2016 pro...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

9.100+ Large environment experience?

Long story short iOS 10 forced us to upgrade to 9.96 this time last year and I lived in a very, very dark place for several months after. We are now standing at the edge of the upgrade cliff again due to iOS 11. If you are running Jamf Pro 9.100 or 1...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

WiFi switching script

Someone had a script on here not too long ago and I can't find it now. Basically what it did was check to see if a specific wifi network was available it would switch to it. I'm looking to deploy this at my school to prevent students from switching o...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

VPP, app not available, 899 in use out of 1000+

JSS 9.96Brand new iPads, all in one PreStage. Yesterday, I enrolled about 300 iPads for my school, working down from grade 4 to kindergarten. Today, I hear that the iPads in the lower grades are not getting some VPP apps that the others got automatic...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Calling custom-trigger from script

We have a script which I'm attempting to run once a week via a launchd task. Launchd appears to be working normally, script launches, but at the end of the script it calls a JSS policy via a custom trigger. This portion of the script appears to be fa...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SSH into jss server

Hi everybody, a colleague of mine recently left the company, I had to take over the mac management.I need to ssh into the jss server but all known credentials do not work (including the main admin user we use to login into the jss webinterface). Is t...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Deliver Package of Photos or Videos to iPad

So we have some standard albums / packages of photos and videos we use to preload on our iPads for staff to use with the students for education. Short of an internal website and having them download each asset 1 by 1 does anyone have a good idea on h...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

Apple Park tips

Going to Cupertino for JamF Pro training. Does anyone have any tips for visiting the newly opened Apple Campus?  View more

7620506397d14c4eba90c06645bfaa2b
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

iOS 11 breaking device-based app installation?

Since iOS 11 was released, students who have updated are being prompted to enter their AppleID passwords for device-based app installations. Students who use Apple School Manager AppleIDs are simply given a message that their AppleIDs cannot be used ...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

Shared iPads not updating to iOS 11

I have tried to push out the update to iOS 11 on several of our devices set up as Shared iPads. The iPad will restart - but the update does not install. No user is logged in and the device has adequate battery. I am able to update other devices that ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Checking if a computer is already enrolled

We have some users who need to wipe and reinstall their Macs with a baseline image we provide to them now and then. This baseline image automatically tries to enroll the computer with a QuickAdd package. However, as I'm sure many of you know, things ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

In-House App Updates not working on some devices

We have an in-house app that was updated a few weeks back. It is set to be managed and all devices are supervised. We updated the app in JSS and most are updated. However, we are finding random devices that are still on the old version. I can check t...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

Linux Setenv.sh question

I began noticing in 9.99.0 and now 9.101.0 that setenv.sh has 2 lines export CATALINA_OPTS="$CATALINA_OPTS -XX:PermSize=256m -XX:MaxPermSize-256m" JAVA_OPTS=" -Xmx1024M -XX:MaxPermSize=256M" Looking at the comment section in the file and the line abo...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Fully Automating DEP Provisioning

Hello - I am scratching my head trying to figure this out. We are currently on 9.96 and will be moving to latest cloud JSS, so hopefully this is a possibility. But I am working on making a truly Zero Touch experience for my users that receive machine...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 1 kudos

iWork (Sept 2017) apps update issue

I just saw that Keynote, Numbers, and Pages have updates available in the Mac App Store today. I installed the updates, and the timestamps on the apps show the correct time I installed the updates. The problem is Get Info, QuickLook, and About... all...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

FileVault2 Deferred Error

I am doing a FileVault 2 push to a lot of Macs in my company. The policy has been pushed out a couple of months, but now management wants them enabled. I have worked with a lot of users that have been needing the policy flushed in order to see it in ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Custom icons for files or folders

Hello, I am trying to install a program that resides in a folder with a custom folder. After installation the icon file looses its attributes and the icon itself does not display. That means, composer displays things fine, but after the installation ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Kernel Panic with Sierra

Hello, everytime I try to boot from an Image on a Mid '14 MacBook Pro I get following error: imageboot_mount_image: di_root_image failed: 110 ... I already deleted everything and setup a fresh install of the server (Mac Mini Late '14) with recent upd...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors