Safari 17.3 Standalone Updaters for macOS Ventura and Monterey

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

Here are the download URLs for the standalone Safari 17.3 update for macOS Ventura and macOS Monterey...

Safari 17.3 for macOS Ventura:

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/63/16/052-37298-A_XN59PDU2GI/0rqxiyieo4zwzxxbjo97kd2zgan9n...

Safari 17.3 for macOS Monterey:

https://swcdn.apple.com/content/downloads/36/50/052-38948-A_Q3I2HFP5N7/iwb00hgsqv3gykdzv54gupbx54bt2...

6 REPLIES 6

eric-p
New Contributor II

Thank you for posting this. very helpful. 

SMR1
Contributor III

@sdagley I'm trying to deploy Safari to our test group, but for some reason it keeps failing. I use the same policy I just switch out the PKG. I'm getting the below error message. I've redownloaded and uploaded the install, but it's still failing. I'm plugged in to power, have good connection. 

Installation failed. The installer reported: installer: Package name is Safari17.3VenturaAuto
installer: Installing at base path / installer: The install failed. (The Installer encountered an error that caused the installation to fail. Contact the software manufacturer for assistance. An error occurred while running scripts from the package “Safari17.3VenturaAuto.pkg”.)

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@SMR1 If you look at /var/log/install.log on that Mac does it show any more informative info on why the install failed?

mojo21221
Contributor II

Had an issue on some macs that after install Safari would open all webpages as black screen. Tried new profile, new local user account and a few other things that didnt work. However, after updating to Sonoma 14.3 and in some instances Installing Sonoma 14.3 on top of itself the issue finally went away. 

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

@mojo21221 You had a problem with Safari after installing the Sonoma 14.3 update or one of the Safari updates linked in my original post?

If the latter the only way to upgrade Safari in macOS Sonoma for now is to update macOS itself. The links I posted are specifically for Ventura or Monterey, and should not have installed on Sonoma. Apple won't be producing standalone Safari update for Sonoma until whatever version of macOS supersedes Sonoma comes out.

SMR1
Contributor III

Looks like the new version of safari is installing correctly now. Not sure why 17.3 wasn't installing.