Safari Missing iPad

pskhaira
New Contributor

Am using Jamf Pro - cloud based and we have a few configuration profiles pushed to devices. Devices somehow are missing the Safari app. Any direction where or what I need to turn on to restore the app.
Thanks

6 REPLIES 6

rquigley
Contributor

A Configuration Profile is most likely restricting this application, best check Restrictions in your iOS Configuration Profiles and see if it is ticked or selected in anyway.

pskhaira
New Contributor

Will do Thanks

david_hockenson
New Contributor

I have an ipad with the same problem. I checked the only restriction that is getting pushed to the ipad and it has safari enabled. I am opening a case to see what I am missing. Let me know if you find anything.

pskhaira
New Contributor

Tried updating the OS and made a new profile. Same issue - still missing the Safari app. Checked. through all possible scenarios. Safari popped back when I excluded one of the devices ie remove the configuration. No idea what the issue is..

pskhaira
New Contributor

OK Resolved - Called JAMF and they were great. Seems like in configuration profile in > Restrictions > iOS and tvOS > Applications - make sure Safari is not in the list of Restricted App Usage. Delete if it shows up and that should solve he issue..

ktoth
New Contributor

Also make sure that under the configuration profile > Restrictions > iOS > Applications - make sure "Allow use of Safari" is checked.