Save the Date: JNUC 2014

cam
Contributor
83 REPLIES 83

bentoms
Release Candidate Programs Tester

Awesome!

Free still? & how to request as a speaker? (Yep, I may step up).

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@bentoms hope you do. It would be great to hear about the great things you are doing across the "pond"

franton
Valued Contributor III

I would love to travel to one of these. Just checked the flights and they want £1500 !

Josh_S
Contributor III

Apparently, by random dumb luck, doesn't conflict with my three week vacation in Australia! If I can swing being out of the office for almost an entire month, I'll be there.

bentoms

@jhbush1973, ha.. if i do attend & don't talk.. i'm sure i could bend your ear over a beer to two!

@franton, keep looking found some for less than £1k.. i flew from LHR - Chicago - Minneapolis.. was ok.. but this time I may do a days stopover in NYC to train the guys their & then catch a flight from there to MSP.. maybe with @golbiga.

@Josh_S.. DO IT!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

external image link

--
https://donmontalvo.com

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@Josh_S I'm sure @charlesludwick or @mcarver can cover for you.

charlesludwick
New Contributor III

Not this year. I have missed the last 2 and I will be at this one!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

The annual pilgrimage...

external image link

--

jonathan_spiva
New Contributor

The 74bit, Inc, team will be there in full force this year. +1 for for speaker info.

charliwest
Contributor II

I don't want to give away secrets to cheap seats, but check out icelandair, although I had some issues with them last time they are cheap to fly to the US from europe.

Not applicable

Road trip!

krichterjr
Contributor

Nice!

Zvordauk
New Contributor III
New Contributor III

@bentoms
I'd sit in on that one- on the Wurtele Stage or in the Crooked pint ;-)
See you there!

Ger...

andyinindy
Contributor II

Oh yeah baby, I'll be there with bacon wrapped beers on

external image link

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

If @andyinindy is going to be there, then I'm definitely going to try to be there!

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@andyinindy I think JAMF killed the bacon theme...not sure why, it's so American! :)

@stevewood I promise this time I will go to the right restaurant/bar...since missed out on the opportunity to hang with you, @rtrouton, and the rest of the gang. First beer is on me!

--

freddie_cox
Contributor III

Looks like I've got tentative approval to go this year as well! It helps that we're not rolling out another 6,000 MacBooks. (That we know of yet). Looking forward to meeting everyone!

acdesigntech
Contributor II

if my boss is feeling generous, i'll be there with bells on!

spotter
New Contributor III

i will be there again... hopefully i can meet more people and find the texas bunch...

TomDay

@donmontalvo Wow 18 hour drive? Think we are from same area. No flying?

Thx Jamf for getting this info out early!

ClassicII
Contributor III

Thanks for the dates!

I hope the wifi situation can be resolved :(

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@tommyday wrote:

@donmontalvo Wow 18 hour drive? Think we are from same area. No flying?

I have friends/family in Akron, OH and Rockford, IL, so there's some family/fun time along the way (though not alot). :)

Don

--

DVG
New Contributor III

Sweet! How much more room does the Guthrie have? Roof access? ;)

Dusty VanGilder

andrew
New Contributor

Whooo! Just booked my hotel!

elislider
New Contributor

Awesome! I had a great time last year and plan to attend again this year.
Thanks JAMF

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Nice! I've finally got the time to come on up. What's the opinion on the best place to stay near the conference?

mscottblake
Valued Contributor

@Chris_Hafner I stayed at the Aloft in 2012 and the Depot Renaissance in 2013. I was not impressed with Aloft and would highly recommend Depot Renaissance. If approved, that's where I'll be again.

donmontalvo
Esteemed Contributor III

@msblake I reserved a room at the Aloft but a few people reached out to tell me that while it's a good location, you can get a better place for the same price if you're willing to drive a few miles. Drive a few miles? Er, I think I can do that. :D

--

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

Thanks for the info! There's a decent price difference between those two though it's up to my discretion. That said, I don't require a lot of amenities. I just like to stay close. Thanks for the recommendations. Decisions, decisions!

CasperSally
Valued Contributor II

aloft is close, easy, clean, and has a bar. No restaurant but they have small eatery with to go type stuff. The Guthrie is 2 min walk.

I liked you could get from airport via train or cab easily so I didn't have to deal with car rental. Once there if you want to go beyond walking distance, uber is great.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

I think that swings it for me. I'd rather go to more conferences than stay in nicer hotels. Aloft seems pretty darned reasonable $$$. Enough that I should also be able to still fit MacWorld and probably one more "conference" in for the year. Perhaps MacIT. Who knows...

AndyBeaver
Contributor II

+1 on the Bacon wrapped beer

Stubakka
Contributor II

I look forward to my 2nd JNUC, now that By then i should have Casper in Production it will be nice to have a reference of using it in production :)

spotter
New Contributor III

JNUC 2014 here i come.... travel and hotel arrangements are complete....

jmadlock
New Contributor

Last year was great! Cannot wait to be back in Minneapolis!

pearlin
New Contributor III

I'm all booked too. This will be my first JNUC, so I'm bringing my A game. It's on like Donkey Kong!

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I'll be there with bells on, as the saying goes.

DraconicBlue
New Contributor III

Registered and ready to go. Excited to attend my first JNUC!