Jamf Pro
Powerful workflows for IT pros
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Jamf Pro 11.5.0 Beta is Now Available

Hello Jamf Nation!We have several exciting new features including new Login functionality, Managed Software Updates enhancements, Packages page redesign, and more! You can find more information in the release notes when you enroll.Starting with the J...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 10 kudos

Job Posting - Mac Admin with Casper experience a plus

My apology for posting it here since the Job Posting Board is not available yet. If you have friends who are interested, please let them know. Appreciated your help. SOFTWARE INTEGRATION ENGINEERCSU Los AngelesIT Infrastructure Services You can view ...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS display message bug with Lion

Just a heads up the "/usr/sbin/jamf displayMessage" command doesn't work with Lion at the login window (it does work in Snow Leopard at login window). The display message command does work if a user is logged in (in Lion and Snow Leopard). We use thi...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Pkg install at Lion login window problems?

Has anyone seen/ know about any problems installing packages at the login screen for lion? On Snow Leopard I'v been installing a package at the login screen after imaging, which streamlines the imaging process since it doesn't require anyone to be lo...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

JSS Mobile Devices - App Install Issue

We're using JSS to manage our iPads and have installed multiple apps (free and paid/vpp) without issue. Today, we've added a new paid app called 270toWin (using VPP) and are trying to have users install it. When they go to the Self Service app and se...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Casperizing Casper

Does anyone have their casper server casperized? I know about the implications of protecting it from running certain policies, but just wondering if it works well on itself. And if so is all you do just install the quick add package? Thanks for any i...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Upgrade 10.6.8 Server with JSS to Lion

So I have some time carved out for this afternoon to do the Lion upgrade on our main JSS - I've read that we can install the community MySQL thing. Since I'm upgrading to Lion, do I need to bother with the SQL? Should I install SQL first then Upgrade...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Unlock Region Code Resource Kit Script

Hi guys, I'm trying to use the Unlock Region Code Resource Kit Script on a 10.6 mac, & it doesn't seem to unlock the region code setting. The Mac is running 10.6.8. Can someone confirm please that this script still works or not. Thanks!  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Smart Groups Not Updating

Someone deleted a Smart Group and I thought no big deal Ill just recreate it. Well the smart group refuses to update! 8.43 JSS. Any thoughts? I've tried recon, I've tried new machines, I've tried reimaging, nothing updates. The smart group just conta...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Backup and Recovery Webinar

As some of you may know, we (Code 42 Software) work closely with JAMF and offer our CrashPlan PROe backup and recovery solution. I am hosting a webinar on Thursday, 2/16 at 12:30 ET to discuss the challenges and opportunities in backing up and restor...  View more

• 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

100+ iPads, no backup method?

Hey guys, We have a little over a hundred iPads in our school district across 6 different schools. We purchase apps that take hours and hours to customize and there is no practical backup method. Right now we are using a single apple ID across all iP...  View more

• 6 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Can't Save?

When I fire up the NetBoot and try to make a change of any kind it says at the top of the web page and at the bottom "Could not save settings". Should I just ignore this?  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

NetBoot/SUS Appliance is now on github

The source for the NetBoot/SUS Appliance has been made available on github. We are looking forward to seeing what the community has to offer in driving this forward. You will find minor fixes and updates to the appliance on github before we version t...  View more

• 27 replies
  • 0 kudos

10.7 clients bound to 10.6.8 OD

Anyone else seeing that 10.7 clients don't cache MCX settings properly? As long as I wait for the red and yellow jelly beans to go away - OD settings are applied just fine. However, if I login before the jelly beans go away my cached MCX settings are...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Ad authentication to JSS fails randomly

We are experiencing an odd issue where our AD accounts to the JSS will randomly stop working for 10-20 minutes. No interaction is required to get the logins to start working again to the JSS server other than to just wait. Local accounts continue to ...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Experience with Tivoli and TrendMicro?

Our Windows admins have offered to take over AV/Malware protection using Tivoli Endpoint Manger (formally known as BigFix) and Trend Micro. Does anyone have experience with either? What is your opinion?  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Java Virtual Machanine Preference Change script

We are going to be doing some testing online in our school. I have to change the JVM preferences to have 32-bit on top. They are defaulted to 64-bit. Is there a script that exists to change the preference order in JVM that I can push out to all of my...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos

Composer Opening Error - Folder Whitelist MCX

Hello all, I have applied the Folder Whitelist MCX setting under com.apple.applicationaccess.new to only allow Applications to launch from the following folders: /Applications/ /Library/ /System/ /bin/ /usr/sbin/ /Users/_localadmin/ However when I ...  View more

• 4 replies
  • 0 kudos

Lion MCX settings - disabling saved states

Has anyone had any luck disabling the following 2 settings using MCX with JSS? 1) disable/gray out check box under system prefs - general - "restore windows when quitting and re-opening apps" I tried following without luckDomain key .GlobalPreference...  View more

• 7 replies
  • 0 kudos

LocateMe Lion Location Services

Has anyone figured out the following on Lion? Enable location services from the command line add services or apps to the allowed list to determine location the reason I ask is that we might need to find a few laptops as they seemed to have walked awa...  View more

• 5 replies
  • 0 kudos

Setup Assistant in Lion

Has anyone managed to figure out how to suppress the "Scrolling Direction" Setup Assistant that appears at first login in Lion? More info on the issue here: http://groups.google.com/group/macenterprise/browse_thread/thread/990fe986a46c3b9f I tried ev...  View more

• 16 replies
  • 0 kudos

Communicator settings through MSX?

So I just got the latest version of Communicator from Microsoft and management wants me to deploy it but change two settings:-disable annoying popup when people log in-disable save conversation and ask to save. I found the first one is in the normal ...  View more

• 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

Max number of devices?

Is there a limit to the number of devices that can be enrolled into the Casper Suite? We're starting to look at 1:1 deployments at our school district and iPads are being discussed as what we may be going with. Right now we have about 100 devices enr...  View more

• 1 replies
  • 0 kudos

Troubleshooting AD binding

Hello! One of the things we'd like to start doing with the Casper Suite is binding machines to our AD domain. For years, we've done it by hand with no trouble, and indeed, we seem to still be able to on 10.7.3. However, using Casper Suite's built-in ...  View more

• 2 replies
  • 0 kudos
Labels
Top Kudoed Authors