Screen Saver Policy

Celiker
New Contributor

Hi,
i am new on the JSS. Someone could help to me about how to create a screen saver policy with password ?

thank you very much.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @Celiker,

I'm sorry I didn't get the point that you want to prevent users changing this period.
You also have to set this in a (or the existing) Configuration profile:
61213b38d4f9403dab5154e6481ace0f

As you can see in the image above it would be also possible to set a time and screensaver type, but only in steps Apple is providing(..., 10, 20, ...), whatever you are typing into that field. To set the screen saver is not working for us, I don't know why but I also don't care ;)

If you block the access you don't have to run the policy ongoing (is not a good idea at all because you will lose the overview when you have to check If a policy failed on a computer)

BR
Daniel

View solution in original post

7 REPLIES 7

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @Celiker,

You can set the Lockscreen with password with a Configuration Profile: (Require Password "immediatly" after sleep or screen saver begins)
8676394cd24045588585de58a82d096d

We are handling the delay for the screensaver with a little script:

#!/bin/bash
#Setting Screensaver delay in seconds
osascript -e 'tell application "System Events" to set delay interval of screen saver preferences to 900'

BR
Daniel

Celiker
New Contributor

Hi dprati,
thank you very much for help. But i dont know, where is the script write area here ?
7712303014e84deeb85dbfd39b098e3b

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @Celiker ,

I'm sorry, I forgot that ;)

You have to create the script in the Management Settings -> Computer Management -> Scripts.
And after that create a policy which contains just this script.

BR
Daniel

Celiker
New Contributor

Hi Daniel,
Thank you for quick response to me..
- Password policy is working.. very good.
- But screen saver time out policy did not work.. What is the wrong with policy. ( added picture.) Everyone can still change screen saver time on their computer.
I need your advices.

eb08e2e6fb9d41ebb95b0528d3ccc8bf
9d243a02051c4f409f81b058ad3965fd
d87c39999386473b87d5b7752a5ff5c4

Thank you very much.

dpratl
Contributor II

Hi @Celiker,

I'm sorry I didn't get the point that you want to prevent users changing this period.
You also have to set this in a (or the existing) Configuration profile:
61213b38d4f9403dab5154e6481ace0f

As you can see in the image above it would be also possible to set a time and screensaver type, but only in steps Apple is providing(..., 10, 20, ...), whatever you are typing into that field. To set the screen saver is not working for us, I don't know why but I also don't care ;)

If you block the access you don't have to run the policy ongoing (is not a good idea at all because you will lose the overview when you have to check If a policy failed on a computer)

BR
Daniel

Celiker
New Contributor

Hi @Daniel,
Your advice worked for me. Screen saver will be activate 20min if the user be inactive. Also i changed "ongoing" to "per user".

Thank you for help. :)
Case closed :)

mjohnston
New Contributor

Hi All. Trying to make sense of all this.

I want the screen saver to kick in after 15 minutes.
All out Macs already have "login after sleep or screensaver" enabled.

I've set the Login Window payload to enable screensaver after 15 mins but in testing it set our Macs to 1 minute which is going to upset many folks.
Whats the deal?

Thanks,
Matt