Self Service mobile app: observations

davidhiggs
Contributor III

Good work with the mobile app guys!

- I found all the applications i had inside the new Self Service app had low resolution icons. Most likely due to the limitations of the web app previous downloading low res art. So deleting the re-adding the apps will pull down new higher res icons. I don't have a large catalog, so won't take me too long to update, maybe troublesome for others. looks nice!

- Adding new apps while self service is open, then refreshing the app causes it to crash for me. iOS 7.1.2 on an iPad mini retina. Anyone else seeing this?

- One app i tried to add in JSS wouldn't pull down the icon automatically, 'Slack - Team Communication'. Tried Australian and US stores. I've never added this app previous. Couldn't reproduce the same issue with several other apps I tried to install. Anyone else seeing a similar issue?

That's it for now, once again guys good effort on the first release of this app!

2 REPLIES 2

jgwatson
Contributor

For some reason whenever my test iPad connects to JAMF (via an Inventory Update command), the Self Service App deletes itself. :(

cdenesha
Valued Contributor III

I had a few apps that would not upload their icons automatically (Paper by 53 being one). Deleting and re-adding did not work.

To fix: download the app to a computer and change the .ipa extension to .zip. Expand. Rename the iTunesArtwork file to have a .jpg extension, upload this icon manually to the JSS on the Self Service tab of the app's configuration.

chris