Shared iPads lost ability to show all associated classes with 10.11.1 update

anne_benson
New Contributor II

Our Grade 1 and 2 classroom have 6 iPads each which they sometimes share with other classrooms. Since the beginning of the year, I have had them set up so that any student in that grade level could pick up any shared iPad and log in by tapping the "recent users", their class name and then their name/initials on the iPad:

They are using managed apple id's and I have the six iPads assigned to all classes on that grade level.

Since we updated to 10.11.1, this functionality has been taken away. Has anyone else seen this? Now we are only getting the "sign in with your apple id" screen. Thanks!

4 REPLIES 4

jgraper
New Contributor

Any update on this issue? We updated to 10.12 today and I no longer see Classes on our Shared iPads. Only "Recent Users".

zachishani
New Contributor II

Sounds like you haven't assigned the shared ipad's mobile device groups to all your classes?

Classes > (for each class) Mobile Device Groups > add the group(s) that has your shared iPads in

jgraper
New Contributor

Thanks for the response! We do have the iPads/Mobile Groups assigned within each class. This has been in place and working (pretty well!) since the beginning of the school year. We migrated to JamfCloud AND updated to 10.12.0 yesterday, after which, the classes all disappeared from our Shared iPads. Not sure if it's a result of the 10.12 update or if something is not configured properly in our new cloud server.

jonsreed
New Contributor

I am having the same problem. Did you ever figure it out? I am working with JAMF support at this time too.
Thank you,
Jon