Skip Big Sur Accessibility screen

petestanley
New Contributor III

Is anyone aware of a method to skip this accessibility screen when doing an in-place upgrade to Big Sur (10.16/11.0.x)?

3e38e1f783604372a69d9d6099847dd0

I'm aware you can skip everything during Automated Enrollment for new devices but haven't found anything for devices we're updating.

I've also used the config profiles offered by rtrouton in the past - https://github.com/rtrouton/profiles . Again not seeing anything for the new accessibility one.

9 REPLIES 9

petestanley
New Contributor III

Well, I took a look what those other CPs are actually doing which looks to be manipulating the com.apple.SetupAssistant.managed preference domain value. Not seeing anything in Apple's documentation about the new Accessibility pane - https://developer.apple.com/documentation/devicemanagement/setupassistant

a_feliciano
New Contributor II

Check the PreStage Enrollment pane for this option.

petestanley
New Contributor III

I did a quick test of skipping this option in pre-stage enrollment (Automated Enrollment Enabled). It does indeed to do what I'm looking for when doing an in-place macOS update.

Quite surprising actually. I was probably too quick to assume pre-stage enrollment configuration only impact user experience during initial enrollment.

14defb838ebf4506b962ac6e97b42a41

Thanks @a.feliciano!

DBrowning
Valued Contributor II

I just took a look at com.apple.SetupAssistant on my upgraded machine and saw a key for DidSeeAccessibility

petestanley
New Contributor III

Nice find!

snowfox
Contributor III

I have a similar problem on jamf Pro 10.25.1 and pre-exisitng prestage enrolments.
Even though I have the accessibility button now ticked, it still displays for Big Sur device enrolments. (Not an upgrade, this is a disk wipe & clean install from bootable USB.)

It could be because the prestage enrolments were already created on an earlier version of Jamf.
I hope I don't have to recreate them from scratch. I will have to test it with a new PSE and see...

Dalmatian
Contributor

Same here, Accessibility is still showing up in DEP process even if this option is checked

sdagley
Esteemed Contributor II

There is no option to suppress the Accessibility screen on Big Sur during DEP/ADE because it's presented before the Mac ever communicates with the MDM server.

jchen1225
New Contributor III

I have this in a Configuration Profile and it worked to skip it in Big Sur/M1 - 

Domain: com.apple.SetupAssistant.managed

<key>SkipAccessibility</key>

<true/>

Screen Shot 2021-07-30 at 10.27.28 AM.png