Starfall MDM config

ssurma
New Contributor III

Starfall now supports MDM config, but they do not have a template and thier directions are very sparse.

Here is what it says, and my question is how to put this into JAMF:

MDM, or Mobile Device Management, allows an administrator to deploy and authenticate the Starfall app on multiple mobile devices. Starfall now supports MDM key authentication in the Starfall app, versions 3.1.68 and higher from Google Play and the Apple App Store.

To configure the Starfall app with MDM, you will need your Starfall administrator email address and an MDM key.

Your MDM application may prompt you for the following:

Key (case sensitive) Type Value Example

EmailStringStarfall administrator email addressmyemail@school.edu
MDMKEYString(Find in your Account Settings per instructions above)SEF123456
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Markz
New Contributor

Hi. I came across this same problem when trying to add a config to Starfall in Jamf to make it auto login. The config that Starfall provides doesn't work.

Here is the solution I figured out. Only change the "String" Tags. You get the "MDM key" from logging into Starfall website and going to account settings.

<dict>
<key>Email</key>
<string>Put your email here</string>
<key>MDMKEY</key>
<string>Put your MDM key here</string>
</dict>

View solution in original post

4 REPLIES 4

jamf-42
Valued Contributor II

try this.. test first..  add via Application & Custom Settings. Upload. You will need to know plist

com.starfall.something ?? they should provide this.. 

<?xml version="1.0" encoding="UTF-8"?>
<!DOCTYPE plist PUBLIC "-//Apple//DTD PLIST 1.0//EN" "http://www.apple.com/DTDs/PropertyList-1.0.dtd">
<plist version="1.0">
<dict>
<key>Email</key>
<string>myemail@school.edu</string>
<key>MDMKEY</key>
<string>SEF123456</string>
</dict>
</plist>

AJPinto
Honored Contributor III

Honesty, rather then trying to invent the wheel I suggest opening a ticket with the vendor. Even if they dont have JAMF documentation, example plists and other documentation will help a lot in what you are trying to pull off.

Markz
New Contributor

Hi. I came across this same problem when trying to add a config to Starfall in Jamf to make it auto login. The config that Starfall provides doesn't work.

Here is the solution I figured out. Only change the "String" Tags. You get the "MDM key" from logging into Starfall website and going to account settings.

<dict>
<key>Email</key>
<string>Put your email here</string>
<key>MDMKEY</key>
<string>Put your MDM key here</string>
</dict>

ssurma
New Contributor III

thank you so much, it works perfectly.  My teachers will be so Happy!!!