Suppress Mac App Store updates not compatible with Catalina

mthoma
New Contributor III

One of our Mac users does not want his Catalina Mac to have the Mac App Store display updates that only can be applied to Big Sur. In his case it's iMovie - he didn't say if there are any others.

I tested this on my Catalina Macbook and in my case GarageBand says there is an update. But when I click on the Update button, I get a message asking if I want to download the older version of GarageBand - the current version requires OS X 11.0 or later (sic). When I do click on Download it just keeps showing the dialog box and only goes away when I hit Cancel.

Is there anyway to deploy something in Jamf (even if it's a script) to suppress Big Sur versions of App updates? It used to be on the old App Store that you could right-click on an update and hide it, but that's not possible anymore.

1 REPLY 1

mthoma
New Contributor III

And what's really weird now is that I chose Reload on the Store menu inside the App Store and it fixes itself. We're checking with the client who reported the problem initially to see if it's fixed for them too.