The September Apple Event Thread

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

iOS 9 release date? New Apple TV with gaming? Something else relevant to our day jobs and livelihood? Let's find out!

http://www.apple.com/apple-events/september-2015/

333e51c64d544b0ab1498dc70677f103

28 REPLIES 28

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I'm looking forward to OS X 10.11, iOS 9 and a new iPhone to upgrade to. Now, which screen size works for me is a question to myself.

rhysforrester
New Contributor

AppStore on the Apple TV...plz?

b1bcad719d21433ba55abc4248d5ee0c

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

@rhysforrester As a cat owner, I have to tell you that you should never trust a cat whose eyes are as big as dinner plates, for that cat has zeroed in on a target and is about to do the butt wiggle and pounce.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

As for me, I'm looking forward to the ridiculously oversized iPad Pro. I could use a really good sheet music reader; the regular iPad is just a wee bit on the small side.

roiegat
Contributor III

I think they should add more functionality to the iPhone. Like a screwdriver (both flat and phillips, maybe throw in some pentitip as well so we can open up the new hardware. Maybe a small fog machine and lasers to make your club in your house.

I guess I'm in the minor here, but I want them to bring back the old tower look for Mac Pros. I'm not liking the round Mac Pro.

nessts
Valued Contributor II

I am just getting my counter ready to find out how many times the most beautiful, most gorgeous, the fastest most advanced freaking phone or computer can be said in 2 hours.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

I too hope for a giant iPad Pro, @bradtchapman, so I can get one to use as a kiosk at our help desk at work. :D

Aziz
Valued Contributor

@roiegat If the new iPhone has a fog machine built in, I'm sold.

jarednichols
Honored Contributor

ClassicII
Contributor III

Am I the only one that does NOT want a thinner phone but more battery life ?

mpermann
Valued Contributor II

I'll +1 that sentiment @ClassicII.

roiegat
Contributor III

I'm all for that too @ClassicII...but thinner phone means easier to break no matter how strong the metal is. More phones breaking means more phones being sold. So don't forget to use protection boys and girls...be safe out there. I recommend a good Otter Box.

Personally would love if they release iOS 9 and Watch OS 2 today....my watch's battery has been crazy on the latest beta. Plus would be cool if they could add the ability for me to talk to my car like Knight Rider. Would be awesome to tell my car to start up and crank the AC so when I get in it I'll be nice a cold. My remote start doesn't reach my car from my cube currently #first world problems

corbinmharris
Contributor

Hoping the next version of the AppleTV will allow enterprise-level control with Casper such as in iOS devices.

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

iOS 9 seems to be helpful on battery life with my iPhone 6 Plus @Classicll

I can see a bigger iPad for Helpdesk support being useful @emilykausalik

I can personally live with the current thickness of my iPhone.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

62e66469be1849c7bcc0f4f47a4a2feb

andrew_nicholas
Valued Contributor

Can’t wait till a 4th grader puts the Apple Pencil in that sharpener that's been on the wall since 1941.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

Did y'all see that email on the iPhone? September 30th ship date for OS X 10.11…

d3e2bb26013d4ef898874ba312fd3815

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

Yeah wonder, wonder they did not have a 4 year old draw with the pencil in the demo.

Nice!

roiegat
Contributor III

great catch @emilykausalik! I was looking at the emails and saw El Capitan, but my live feed went fuzzy.

100 bucks for a pencil....school supplies are getting cray cray.

And yes...I'm so getting an Apple Tv

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Apple just killed JAMF Relo.

bradtchapman
Valued Contributor II

Oh, and new iPhone docks. It's about friggin' time! That was my favorite part about owning an iPod.

roiegat
Contributor III

So animated Gifs got a new name now? "Live Pictures" ?

Aziz
Valued Contributor

I was laughing during the 3D Touch demo using Mail.

"Super confidential: OS X El Capitan to ship on September 30th."

roiegat
Contributor III

It's on the OS X page now "OS El Capitan Coming Sept 30"

UPDATE: http://www.apple.com/osx/
That's where I saw it.

For the DEV, new license agreement to sign, TVoS, iOS 9, Watch OS 2....I'm capping my internet speeds now with downloads.

roiegat
Contributor III

Oh and El Capitan is now GM.

emily
Valued Contributor III
Valued Contributor III

…although we've found the download of said GM quite puzzling! It is now "Coming soon."

roiegat
Contributor III

Yes...noticed that as well. I started the download but had to get going home. When I got home I saw they changed the download link and in app store purchases it says "OS X 10.11 Developer Beta" dated Sept 9th instead of GM.....so we'll see later on tonight if it's back.

Oh and if your a developer don't forget to sign up for the Apple TV Dev Kit lottery.

roiegat
Contributor III

GM Candidate is back now.