Trust an app pushed from jamf

Eskobar
Contributor

I want to push a Yubikey Manager.pkg through Jamf.

The package was downloaded from https://www.yubico.com/support/download/yubikey-manager/  and packed using Composer.

Installation through Jamf Pro: ok

Issue: when the app is opened locally user see this msg:

Capture d’écran 2022-08-25 à 08.03.28.png

 "YubikeyManager" app is downloaded from internet ....

- How to make the pkg trusted when pushed to the MacOS?

Your's

8 REPLIES 8

chrisB
Contributor II

Just open apps before packaging it with Composer, this should avoid those dialogs.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

As @chrisB said, you just need to open the app before packaging it. Opening the app will update plists and quarantine stuff which goes with your package. Basically you will deploy the app AFTER the flag has been cleared that tosses this popup.

Fluffy
Contributor III

Shouldn't Jamf Pro or Composer be removing those flags? I don't remember running into this (using Jamf School + Composer) and, for the most part, I do not open apps before packaging.

AJPinto
Honored Contributor II

No, JAMF Pro only deploys the source files as they are packaged by Composer (or whatever other tool you use). You are not removing the flags before packaging so the flags go with. 

Fluffy
Contributor III

Is it necessary to repackage the app? I'm curious if pushing the original package that was downloaded has the same issue.

chrisB
Contributor II

We don't talk about existing packages from distributors, we're talking about packages made in Composer.

jbisgett
Contributor II

I recently had the same issue with an application that I had repackaged using Composer. I found @rtrouton's blog post on this to be extremely helpful and it resolved my issue.

Clearing the quarantine extended attribute from downloaded applications 

Eskobar
Contributor

Thanks all for the input. @jbisgett solution was the easiest.