Ublock configuration profile whitelist urls

tegus232
Contributor

Hi,

Can someone provide a plist that can be used as a baseline for UBlocker Origin extension whitelisting? It has been a huge struggle to put one together. essentially, we are trying to push only whitelisting of URLs for the extension in chrome.

3 REPLIES 3

tegus232
Contributor

just to add, it is able to push through chrome://policy but not be applied to the extension. which is causing issues

Did you ever figure this out? We've deployed uBlock Origin to all managed Chrome browsers for awhile. But adding trustedSiteDirectives / configuring uBlock settings through Google Admin via .json for the extension has been hit or miss. It's currently configured with a couple sites, but when I add more sites, it never updates in chrome://policy, I still see our old settings. I've even put a test user in a test OU in Google and reloaded policies, and it still gets the old policies. So I'm looking at making a config profile just for uBlock to get sites added. As of recently it's starting to block play.google.com/someauthstringhere which is causing issues with Gmail. I see 'ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT' in Inspect, which I know is uBlock. It's definitely nice to have, and provides a baseline level of protection for our users, I just wished managing the allow list worked more reliably.

whiteb
Contributor II

Just in case it it helpful to anyone else, I had to have an exact syntax for Google Workspace to honor my uBlock Origin .json.

Sample:

{
  "policy_name": "uBlockOriginPolicy",
  "description": "A policy for configuring uBlock Origin",
  "schema": {
    "type": "object",
    "properties": {
      "trustedSiteDirectives": {
        "type": "array",
        "items": {
          "type": "string"
        },