Unable to log into JSS

eosrebel
New Contributor III

I'm currently on 9.96 and unable to log into the JSS with either LDAP credentials or the local admin account. What happens is when I try to login, the page refreshes and the JSS URL redirects to https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/logout.html. This is happening on all browsers on multiple computers and multiple LDAP credentials. This did not occur yesterday at all. Any ideas on what I can do?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

eosrebel
New Contributor III

I wanted to circle back and loop in the fix that worked for us. What happened is that the JSS somehow deleted all local user account passwords and broke our LDAP bind which was the cause of the lockout. Resetting the password on a local admin account via the MySQL command line allowed us to get back in and fix the LDAP connection.

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@eosrebel Do you happen to have Patch Reporting enabled?

If so, what do you see when you execute the following MySQL command?

show full processlist;

eosrebel
New Contributor III

@dan.snelson This is what I see when executing that command. Sorry the formatting is funky, but it gets the point across.

-------------------------------------------------------------------------
--
-----------------------
| Id | User | Host | db | Command | Time | State | Info |
-------------------------
| 161572 | jamfsoftware | localhost:54542 | jamfsoftware | Sleep | 1 | | NULL |
| 161574 | jamfsoftware | localhost:54546 | jamfsoftware | Sleep | 35 | | NULL |
| 161575 | root | localhost:54554 | NULL | Query | 0 | NULL | show full processlist |
--
-----------------------+

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

@eosrebel Looks like you only have two JSS-related threads, so it's probably not related to MySQL being unable to keep up.

Can you login to:

https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/logging.html

eosrebel
New Contributor III

@dan.snelson No I cannot. It exhibits the same behavior as before. Jamf Support just tried having me restart Tomcat via the JSSDatabaseUtil to no avail.

dan-snelson
Valued Contributor II

Bummer; I'll leave it to the experts. Good luck.

isradame
Contributor

I experienced the same issue. I don't know if when I logged in using the master local account helped.
But when using my LDAP account the browser kept just refreshing to the "https://jss.mycompany.com:8443/logout.html.".

RLR
Valued Contributor

I had this issue and it was because we moved the LDAP account to a different OU in Active Directory. So the Distinguished Name path had changed so JSS couldn't see the account.

Do you have a local JSS account you can login to and check the ldap settings?

tomt
Valued Contributor

Having a similar issue this morning after upgrading to 9.96 yesterday with no issues.

JSS is hosted on a Mac Mini running 10.10.5. Not seeing any type of heavy usage at all. No processes are using large amounts of CPU, memory, etc.

tomt
Valued Contributor

This is getting more interesting, I normally use Safari for all of my web browsing. Just as a test I used both Chrome and Firefox to access my JSS and both logged in happily.

The machine I was using yesterday via VPN was running the same versions of 10.11.6, Java and Safari that I have here in the office. I wish I had tried to log in from home before I left for work today.

scoth
New Contributor II

We ran into this issue today. Clearing the history of the browser allowed us to login.

tomt
Valued Contributor

Was just coming back to post the same thing. Other machines and a different user on my machine were all able to happily log into the JSS using Safari. Cleared my history and I'm back in now.

Strange but easily fixed (at least for me) issue.

eosrebel
New Contributor III

I wanted to circle back and loop in the fix that worked for us. What happened is that the JSS somehow deleted all local user account passwords and broke our LDAP bind which was the cause of the lockout. Resetting the password on a local admin account via the MySQL command line allowed us to get back in and fix the LDAP connection.

kerouak
Valued Contributor

/

jconner
New Contributor

@eosrebel Which commands did you end up using to finally get logged into the console? I am experiencing the same issue. Not being able to get into the console LDAP/Admin account. Was trying to get it upgraded from 9.98, but have been dealing with this for a day or two now. Thanks for the help!