Upgrading computers to Mountain Lion via Self Service

tls2t
New Contributor II

Hi all,

I'm using the "Son of InstallLion.pkg" utility (found at http://managingosx.wordpress.com/2012/07/25/son-of-installlion-pkg/) to create an installer package that will upgrade a user's computer to 10.8. The package itself runs just fine, but when I create a policy to install the package, nothing happens. The Casper logs say that it was installed successfully, but when the computer restarts, the OS has been left untouched.

Log says:

/usr/sbin/jamf is version 8.62 Executing Policy Install OS X 10.8 Mountain Lion... [STEP 1 of 3] Mounting afp://<server>/CasperShare to /Volumes/CasperShare... [STEP 2 of 3] Coopying InstallOSX_10.8.2_12C60.pkg... Installing InstallOSX_10.8.2_12C60.pkg... Successfully installed InstallOSX_10.8.2_12C60.pkg. Unmounting file server... [STEP 3 of 3] Running Recon... Locating mobile device records... Blessing i386 OS X System on /... Creating Reboot Script...

Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

alex_merenyi
New Contributor II

When you tell it to restart, make sure you specify "Currently Selected Startup Disk (No Bless)". That's what fixed it for me.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3

alex_merenyi
New Contributor II

When you tell it to restart, make sure you specify "Currently Selected Startup Disk (No Bless)". That's what fixed it for me.

tls2t
New Contributor II

@alex.merenyi - That did the trick. Thanks! I didn't even know about those options.

gregneagle
Valued Contributor

If Casper changes the blessed startup disk before rebooting, that would indeed cause the OS X install process to fail.