User would like to use personal Apple ID on managed device

adam_sandy
New Contributor

The user is a teacher and would like to associate her managed iPad with her personal Apple ID so as to avoid jumping through hoops each time she wants to download a paid app for her classroom. She would like to pay for the apps on her own.

Does anyone know what configuration setting/profile I need to change/create to allow her to logout of the apple ID associated with managed account and login with her personal Apple ID?

As it stands right now, her Apple ID login/logout screen is greyed out under "settings>iTunes & App Store".

3 REPLIES 3

qhle373
Contributor

Configuration Profiles > Restrictions

Check allow installing Apps at the least and any other variations you'd like in there.

adam_sandy
New Contributor

I am able to install a configuration profile that allows for the installation of apps, however, the user's Apple ID is associated with the school. That is, the user's Apple ID belongs to the school and therefore the user cannot associate her credit card with the ID.

The user would like to be able to log out of the school-associated ID and login with her personal Apple ID in order to make purchases on the iPad. The Apple ID login/logout area under settings is greyed out. Is there a configuration profile/setting that will allow me to open this area up?

qhle373
Contributor

Under Restrictions, scroll down to the bottom and under ALLOW CHANGES: its the Accounts section that will allow that area to be opened to sign in and out