Users tab shows "Access Denied"

ericjboyd
Contributor

When I first checked my permissions i had to add my permissions to access the new settings, however I still can't access the Users tab next to the Computers and mobile devices tabs.

JSS is running on a windows server, and we updated the root.war file. did we need to also need to run the jamfsoftware.sql?

10 REPLIES 10

gburgess
New Contributor III

Are you running as a logged in admin on the server? I thought I saw someone in another thread have this issue as well. And by that I mean your "Privilege Set".

BluestemUSD205
New Contributor

I had the same problem and when I went in and looked at my account it was set to "Custom" but I had all privileges. When I changed it Administrator and signed out and back in it started to work.

kkinsella
New Contributor

My account was also custom, but even after changing it to Administrator I'm still showing access denied for the users tab. I am using LDAP groups. If I create a seperate login using my LDAP login the migration option appears.

kkinsella
New Contributor

My account was also custom, but even after changing it to Administrator I'm still showing access denied for the users tab. I am using LDAP groups. If I create a seperate login using my LDAP login the migration option appears.

winningham_2
Contributor

For me, I had to log in as the Admin (root) account, click on the Users tab and allow it to populate, correct any errors, and then click migrate. Then I logged off.

Then I logged in with my account, which is an LDAP (AD) group that is set to Administrator template privileges, and clicked on the Users tab again and it actually "worked".

kkinsella
New Contributor

That worked! The VPP accounts finally showed up to in the global management link. Thanks.

Wojenski
New Contributor

Winningham.2's suggestion worked for me also. Had to be done with the Admin account first in order to correct the conflicts and migrate.

https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/article.html?id=362

pcarrier
New Contributor

Having the same issue here. Had to go as far as greating a testadmin and then I deleted my standard jss admin account and re-added it.

dvasquez
Valued Contributor

Great that worked for me. The solution presented by @winningham.2

Thank you for the help.

ooshnoo
Valued Contributor

I got in but it doesn't show any users to migrate? And I get no results when searching...