VPN & JAMF

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

none of our automated processes (config profile updates, patches, policies) seem come down when a user is on VPN. We can manually push processes and policies over VPN, so we know they can hit it...(not sure how to force a config profile refresh - suggestions on that would be great as we got a priority on doing that for some vp).

5 REPLIES 5

jhbush
Valued Contributor II

@jwojda I would check that you have ip ranges and buildings defined for your VPN. If you have that done then make sure you have a DP defined for the range/building. It may even be that the clients can't contact the JSS. I tend to run a checkJSSConnection before anything that requires JSS communications.

jwojda
Valued Contributor II

I verified the ranges for the VPN... ensured they had set defaults for updates and stuff. Also verified the checkjssconnection and all seemed okay.

Chris_Hafner
Valued Contributor II

APN might be a bit different. Check this link
https://jamfnation.jamfsoftware.com/discussion.html?id=9264

Before sticking my neck out there, what type of VPN are you using?

RobertHammen
Valued Contributor II

Is your VPN on a split tunnel or does all traffic to the client have to route through the local LAN? Might be worth setting up a test group and reversing the behavior (i.e. if all traffic goes through local LAN, allow split tunnel) and test further to see if the behavior changes.

Not applicable

Also, what are your distribution point(s) using, ie AFP/SMB or HTTP? Can you manually mount your package share from a remote Mac over your VPN?