VPP icons have disappeared from Self Service

timlarsen
Contributor

Hi - this is a quick question (I think) that I wanted to run by you guys before raising a support ticket. This morning my primary JSS (i.e. Tomcat) restarted or something and I found it stuck "Reading tables" on the JSS startup progress bar in my browser. I ran 'mysqlcheck' (then subsequently with the --optimize then --repair options) on my database which fixed the startup issue. Yay.

Except now I see that a few icons from policies I have in Self Service have vanished and they are no longer in the "existing icon" cache to re-use. No big deal, I just re-uploaded the icons. But my VPP apps (all Mac) all have no icons now. Does anyone have any tricks for re-syncing these with Apple without deleting and starting all over again with each app I have purchased?

Thanks!
Tim

2 REPLIES 2

timlarsen
Contributor

bburdeaux
Contributor II

The JSS will download the icons when it detects a new app version in the store, as part of it's standard app update procedure (assuming you have app updates enabled in the JSS). There's no way that I know of to force it to look for icons.